Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off Topic - Dumping dogs and other animals over Xmas

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just noticed from today's Argus that 11 animals, mainly dogs, have been abandoned on the streets of Brighton, some by roads, over the last few days. Have these people no feelings at all? How someone can just abandon a family pet, or indeed any animal, without a care or thought for its welfare is beyond me. Scumbags the lot of them - and I hope they all have a thoroughly miserable Xmas. They deserve nothing less.

Rant over.

D

Deleted member 22389

Just noticed from today's Argus that 11 animals, mainly dogs, have been abandoned on the streets of Brighton, some by roads, over the last few days. Have these people no feelings at all? How someone can just abandon a family pet, or indeed any animal, without a care or thought for its welfare is beyond me. Scumbags the lot of them - and I hope they all have a thoroughly miserable Xmas. They deserve nothing less.

Rant over.

Nope these people are grade A arseholes and I hope someone dumps them one day. If you can't afford it, don't get an animal.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Rant over.

Anyone who can do that is the lowest form of life, hope they rot in hell!

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I had an amazingly brilliant 11+ years with a dog that was left out on a roadside.

SUPER intelligent character, really a cool personality who had friends upon friends who liked him.

Someone else's loss I suppose :shrug:

My huge gain though, I wouldn't trade a moment with that dog for anything.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
We've had a number of 'pre-owned' cats over the years - mostly from Cat Welfare Sussex. We acquired our latest some 4 years ago when she was around 8 years old. B*stards had left her in a cardboard box at a bus stop. She's recovered to become a great cat - it's their loss.

There's no need to abandon animals, there are many agencies who will take them in without being judgemental.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We've had a number of 'pre-owned' cats over the years - mostly from Cat Welfare Sussex. We acquired our latest some 4 years ago when she was around 8 years old. B*stards had left her in a cardboard box at a bus stop. She's recovered to become a great cat - it's their loss.

There's no need to abandon animals, there are many agencies who will take them in without being judgemental.

And the worst that will happen is they will be put down...........or like Jamie(we kept the name) a black yellow eyed male cat,who was 10 when we got him(now 17 and going strong) from raystede as his owners were elderly and the wife having passed away was too much for the husband....will find a new loving home....

I was trying to explain earlier to the little git of a creature who likes to spend his time tripping me up, every time I walk through a door, that CHRISTMAS IS NOT JUST FOR A DOG.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed, at least we dumped ours in the river Arun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here