Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off Topic - Big Fight Predictions

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
So, whats the predictions for Hatton / Collazo?

I gotta go with Hatton - hopefully he'l stay cut free this time .

this has gotta be the one before the big one for Ricky, he'll gets through this and shows the yanks just how good he really is

Mayweather Jr, Gatti, De La Hoya, Margarito all waiting, and all potentially the biggest fights in years.

Anyone else gonna be watching?

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Roz to win by KO

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I would like to see Hatton v Gatti.

Hatton will obviously have to win this one first though and i see no reason why he can't, i hope he doesn't f*** up now.

The only boxer out of his league at the moment would be Floyd Mayweather Jnr in my opinion.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
maywether is in a different league to Hatton would be a good fight though, hatton seems to raise it when he needs to, thing is has maywether ever been hit on the body as hard as hatton hits.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
i think thats right pisshead.

Mayweather is in a different league - boxing wise

Hatton could do him though. i'm sure of it. In exactly the same way he beat Tszyu, smother him, bully him and devastate his body. One things for sure Mayweather's corner wouldn't like it !!!!!!

Hatton Gatti would be a slugfest, but I still say Hatton wins.

My money goes on Mayweather fighting Del La Hoya, Hatton fighting Margarito, and then the winners fighting early next year.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
de la hoya is not the same fighter he was a few years back and I reckon his next big fight will probably be his last. Pressure is on Hatton to not only win but win in good style.
Just shows the welterweight division is the strongest weight division.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Hatton to win - if he doesn't eat out the night before!!

:lolol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I'd like to see Ricky Hatton v John Gotti with Doris Stokes refereeing.

Seriously I hope Hatton wins but I cannot help thinking he has been ill advised by ditching Frank Warren, who whatever people might say about him is very good at his job.
Perhaps Prince Naseem will reflect on ditching Warren when he did as he walks down the steps at Crown Court to a possible custodial sentence today.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Harty said:
I'd like to see Ricky Hatton v John Gotti with Doris Stokes refereeing.

Seriously I hope Hatton wins but I cannot help thinking he has been ill advised by ditching Frank Warren, who whatever people might say about him is very good at his job.
Perhaps Prince Naseem will reflect on ditching Warren when he did as he walks down the steps at Crown Court to a possible custodial sentence today.

I think thats a very good point. Whatever Hatton and his people say, Collazo was way down the pecking order in terms of choice of opponent. Can't help thinking that, with Warren, Hatton might have been fighting Cotto or Gatti this time round.

Yet to see what his contract with HBO does for him though as this is the first fight - could still prove a very astute decision.

Its been long rumoured that Nas is looking for a comeback, I think that maybe a prison sentence is the only way Nas will lose those extra chins unless he fancies his chances as a Heavyweight!!

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
pishhead said:
de la hoya is not the same fighter he was a few years back and I reckon his next big fight will probably be his last. Pressure is on Hatton to not only win but win in good style.
Just shows the welterweight division is the strongest weight division.

I thought he looked very good against Mayorga last week. He is still the biggest payday in boxing at the moment, hence the reason Mayweather is chasing him about.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
very nervous night, I didn't think Hatton was anywhere near his best. Was impressed with Collazo.

I think Hatton deserved it - just. The knockdown made the difference. I also think Hatton needs another fight as a welterweight before he seriously considers Mayweather Jr.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A win is a win is a win. I can't see him lasting many more fights though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll pick Hatton on points, although Collazo will claim he won afterwards.

Was I right?:D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here