Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off licence in Hastings now has Harvey's on tap

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wow - maybe you could celebrate this in the 'good news' thread.

I think its a fantastic idea.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is halfway up Battle Road in St Leonads. Routeplan it. Or just head along the seafront, turn left up London Road and keep driving in a straight line for about ten minutes...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would be better if it were DARKSTAR

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
So if you fancy a few of them you have to take 4/5 pint glasses down there and then carry them home?

He should sell it in 5 pint containers, that would be good!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I thought that was illegal?

I think as long as you can seal the container it's not an issue. Can't see it being any different to taking a flagon to a cider farm.

There is an offy in Tunbridge Wells that has guest ales on draught and has done for some time.

Also the Coopers Arms in Crowborough (Albion friendly pub of the year, go in there wearing the stripes and first pint is free!) has two pint cardboard containers for the purpose of take away.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Good on him - but he's certainly not the only off-licence in Sussex doing this.

Check out the Beer Essentials in Horsham - tiny shop where there is always a wide selection of straight-from-the-cask ales available, in addition to a wall of interesting bottled beers.

Gareth, who owns the shop, is ex King & Barnes and sells Hepworth (but not WJ King) beers, which shows you where his loyalties lie in that particular argument.

He also organises the Horsham beer festival ... and is a bluddy nice bloke.

The offy in Preston Drove used to sell sweet "British Sherry" loose. All the old ladies used to go in there with teacups. The serious drinkers turned up with milk bottles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here