Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

of our current squad, if we got promoted to the prem in 2/3 years who would make it?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Calderon and Bridcutt. I think Gary Dicker has the potential too.
I love Dicker, and he has huge amounts of quality, but even at this level he has inconsistent parts of his game. I remember in the Villa game - usually he looks much more intelligent and quick minded than the players around him, in that game he looked slow and too long making decisions.

We're doing well but the step up is enormous. Although, as has been pointed out, who would have ever seen most of the players at Blackpool in the Prem?

At the moment I'd only say Bennett one day could, and perhaps Painter. Lua Lua if he counts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was saying only today that if Dicker had just a bit more pace he would be ten times the player he is.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
hate to be so negative but no one

Although that was my first thought, I suspect there is someone who would surprise us, maybe Elliott Bennett as a right back. Those of us who saw Peter O'Sullivan when he first came to the club would never have believed he could play at the top level. The best scouts don't judge many lower league players correctly it's bloody hard.

Geo

Oct 18, 2010
Heathfield
Bennett
Bridcutt
Caskey
Dunk

all have the potential to be up there but for some strange reason I think Noone maybe as well in 2 or three years. Also be nice to think that we will have Lualua with us as he would certainly make it in my frame.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
This thread should be who could make it in the Championship, six at the most, thats why i am dis-appointed at the number of signings from Div 1, which could result in a massive outlay next season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This thread should be who could make it in the Championship, six at the most, thats why i am dis-appointed at the number of signings from Div 1, which could result in a massive outlay next season.

wow!

you must watch more Championship games than I do?

Our starting XI and bench tomorrow are likely to be:

Ankergren
Calderon Greer el Abd Painter
Bennett Bridcutt Sparrow Noone
Murray Wood

subs: Brezovan Sandaza Barnes Holroyd Elphick Dicker Kishishev

Of those I would only exclude Holroyd from a squad able to hold its own in the Championship although if we do sign Harley from ExeterI think he could make the step up.

I am not saying all would be in the matchday squad every week and we would have to strengthen but we have a good squad of quality players as a starting point

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hull City and Blackpool have shown that players can make the step up to the top flight and it was perhaps not as clear as day that they would.

The real test would be giving them a crack at it, rather than speculation on this forum. Let's hope we get the chance to say 'I told you so' or 'Oh ye of little faith'.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The best comparison would be with how Zamora developed - would any of the current squad match up to him at the time he left?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
For me only 3 players of that potential Bennet, Murray and Calderon.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Painter
El-Abd
Greer
Bennett
Murray

That Phillips was pretty meh for WW but he has done well in the Prem this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here