Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Of all the football stadia I will visit in my lifetime....

1066gull

compared to my father, who has only visited one so far, I will never be able to visit the one he has.

Old Wembley.

:(

That's another thing I cannot beat my old man.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Went there 3 times, ta. ;)

99 Cup Final.
Friendly against Saudi Arabia.
Friendly against Cameroon.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Went there 3 times, ta. ;)

99 Cup Final.
Friendly against Saudi Arabia.
Friendly against Cameroon.

Oh, not 3 times with your own club, then? ;)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I went to both 83 finals, the 91 playoff final, and several other internationals as well.

Whilst it has history, it was a shithole. Crap to get to, crap facilities, not very steep steps so crap view and bad for kids, miles away from the goals at the ends, it was bloody awful.

You dint miss nuttn.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I went to the old Wembley tour when I was a wee 'nipper. Never got to go to a game there :(.

Have been to the new Wembley (England v. Switzerland - Capello's first game) though and was very impressed with the seat size. I would love to go on the tour - has anyone been and was it any good?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You know when someone stands by a swimming pool fully clothed and declares.

"You'd better not push me in"

Pretty sure 1066 is about to get pushed in.......

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Have been to the new Wembley (England v. Switzerland - Capello's first game) though and was very impressed with the seat size. I would love to go on the tour - has anyone been and was it any good?

definitely :thumbsup: went a year or so ago - impressive

went to the old Wembley but only for an England U-19s game..

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I went a dozen or so times. For England games and a couple of cup finals. Been to the new one twice (once for England, once for last season's cup final).

The main difference I noticed (apart from the obvious standard of facilities) was that at the old Wembley the WOW factor was when you saw the ground outside, the Twin Towers and all that. The new one looks like an airport from the outside, but the WOW factor comes when you step into the arena itself.

My biggest ever MIFFED time was when I was given the chance to PLAY at the old Wembley but missed out because it was in the middle of my family summer holiday.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I went to both 83 finals, the 91 playoff final, and several other internationals as well.

Whilst it has history, it was a shithole. Crap to get to, crap facilities, not very steep steps so crap view and bad for kids, miles away from the goals at the ends, it was bloody awful.

You dint miss nuttn.

but it had pay on the gate for most England games and terracing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here