Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Driscoll gone, how much moe time for Poyet?

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Another case of rich foreign ownership not having a clue, 7 points off top spot losing to Sunderland how long before City's clueless owners follow the example set by Abramovich.
I watched the Forest match and thought they were outstanding after Leeds scored the opener, to be honest I couldn't see us doing what they did after going a goal down.

Last edited:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Another day, another tedious and embarrasing thread about the future of a manager who little more than 3 years ago took charge of a team in the relegation zone of the third division, taking them to 9th in the second whilst still learning many aspects of the job himself.

I'm happy with what he has done and understand that it could be a while yet before we reach our next goal.

I'm happy to wait, but then I don't have a fat tribal ego that needs stoking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dunno how much time the manager has got, up to him really. He now knows where we're piss-poor even if he was later to realise it than many of the fans. We can't score goals for toffee. Shape up or ship out Poyet :wave:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
O'Driscoll definitely had control and the respect of the players...despite what his apparently clueless,kuwaiti employer seem to think.....this is a very nasty surprise for all Forrest fans and i would say a pretty dark indicator of the direction in which English football is travelling. have approached a pl manager apparently...........who do we think it is ....??

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Dunno how much time the manager has got, up to him really. He now knows where we're piss-poor even if he was later to realise it than many of the fans. We can't score goals for toffee. Shape up or ship out Poyet :wave:

can't disagree with this - no more excuses

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do some people really believe that he is not under pressure???...If we draw again on Saturday(probably) and draw/lose against Ipswich(they are getting better) get badly beaten at home in the cup on tv( Ba and Cisse at set pieces)...Then he will be under tremendous pressure by the time Derby visit. Attendances will make or break Poyet, there was never 24k + there against Millwall, more like 20k. A lot of season ticket holders are staying away atm, but they go on the gate figure....This will be a major concern for next season.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Do some people really believe that he is not under pressure???...If we draw again on Saturday(probably) and draw/lose against Ipswich(they are getting better) get badly beaten at home in the cup on tv( Ba and Cisse at set pieces)...Then he will be under tremendous pressure by the time Derby visit. Attendances will make or break Poyet, there was never 24k + there against Millwall, more like 20k. A lot of season ticket holders are staying away atm, but they go on the gate figure....This will be a major concern for next season.

TB hasn't made all that money from poker (or in his other businesses) by being the first to blink.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

A manager is always under pressure...its just that most peeps dont harp on about everything he does wrong or make negative comments most times poyet is referred too

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A manager is always under pressure...its just that most peeps dont harp on about everything he does wrong or make negative comments most times poyet is referred too

Really.....most peeps love to harp on about how fantastic he is,,,,although they seem to be hiding under their stones just lately. Even the great man himself is starting to admit he might be wrong. It must be bad.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
On the basis that we don't have a fly-by-night Kuwaiti oil baron with no previous history of football support as chairman, that's a highly irrelevant comparison.

Carry on.

In a nutshell Edna, I hope you are spot on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Really.....most peeps love to harp on about how fantastic he is,,,,although they seem to be hiding under their stones just lately. Even the great man himself is starting to admit he might be wrong. It must be bad.

from what i see the posts supporting Poyet seem to be in reply to the moaners ...and yes it was good to see poyet admitting to his mistakes ...wishing you a happy new year in advance

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
3 years as a manager, still a novice if truth be told, doing a great job in my opinion.

I wold give him as long as he likes

Too many idiots think we should be pissing all over this league.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
3 years as a manager, still a novice if truth be told, doing a great job in my opinion.

I wold give him as long as he likes

Too many idiots think we should be pissing all over this league.

Correct. People take everything Gus has done completely for granted. We have no divine right to be a top Championship side, let alone a Prem one. He's doing a SUPERB job.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Perhaps they just don't feel the need to make the same point over and over again?

I really don't mind people who have something constructive to say, be it positive or negative, but there many on here that only ever state the negative and destructive and, frankly, it is pointless trying to discuss anything with them. It may be that many of the positive people are fed up with trying so just don't bother anymore. I would not interpret that as people turning against Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here