Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Odds on Albion getting promoted to The Premiership 2012/2013

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
No bookies are offering a price at the moment (we've tried!), but when they do what do you you think? Perhaps we 'd better get promoted first but worth a discussion surely.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd take it at 16/1 or better, at the point we are confirmed as starting next year in the Championship.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At the moment the bookies can take the mug bets at 250/1 if they wanted to.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When we won L2 under Adams, I backed us the next week, to WIN L1 @ 20/1. Mates reckoned I was chucking my cash away.

You are talking about odds just to go up, not to win the league. 3 places from 24. Club on the up. Bloom's ambition. Gus' skill. WHat's not to back?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
250/1 with 65 league games to take into account must favour the bookie.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If we don't go up this year we're goin to look right pillocks going on about the bloody premiership in every other thread.

Let's get promoted first eh..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At 33/1 I'd put money down
I'd say 33s was about right. The job isn't done in this league yet (by a long way) but if we get promoted, we'll have a new ground, a wealthy backer and a settled squad. Smaller clubs than the Albion have made it to the Premiership in similar (or worse) circumstances.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'd say 33s was about right. The job isn't done in this league yet (by a long way) but if we get promoted, we'll have a new ground, a wealthy backer and a settled squad. Smaller clubs than the Albion have made it to the Premiership in similar (or worse) circumstances.

mmm.. perhaps turning down that PSL wasn't such a good idea?!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How would you fancy it if there was a change of manager? Don't get me wrong with the current set up in place I'd probably take 50-1 now. Without Gus that wouldn't look so tempting.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah I just remembered before I reopened the thread.

But Titanic, IMO the odds of Premiership football in just over a year are about 33/1, not 1/33.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Speaking as a non-Albion fan, I'd take 33s. The Chairman hopefully for you has money to lay out to strengthen the Championship squad, and you might get a couple of older heads like Kevin Phillips close season. The problem is the parachute dosh that the Premiershit relegated teams have to throw around, like West Hum and the Bouncing Baggies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here