Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Odd flash in sky?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Probably just me sh*tting myself but I noticed a really weird orange flash in the sky over Brighton, there was no noise or anything, just a sudden flash of a blue & Orange tint I think, or it could have been my imagination.

1. I doubt it was Aliens
2. It was a little like lightning I guess, though this was the corner of my eye
3. any odd weather predicted tonight?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes apparently Spanish weather is mixing it with the Atlantic weather and they are squaring up... only one winner but I like them both so only one way to find out ... FIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHTTTTTT

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lightening doesn't often equal thunder (well, it does in various spots, but not necessarily yours). If you hear thunder, you will see lightening. The crack of the lightening does not always carry over the hills.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
That probably explains it, to be fair not hearing the thunder was the thing that got me, though I did hear a rumble earlier on, so It's probably just my paranoia.

I do need to sleep, I thought that thread was titled 'Thundery Thursday evening'.

Dont ask, just let me get a kip, I have a wedding to attend to tomorrow.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
That probably explains it, to be fair not hearing the thunder was the thing that got me, though I did hear a rumble earlier on, so It's probably just my paranoia.

I do need to sleep, I thought that thread was titled 'Thundery Thursday evening'.

Dont ask, just let me get a kip, I have a wedding to attend to tomorrow.

LMAO thundery thursday has a ring too it.

Have fun

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Lightening doesn't often equal thunder (well, it does in various spots, but not necessarily yours). If you hear thunder, you will see lightening. The crack of the lightening does not always carry over the hills.
Very true

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Big drain flooding thunderstorm underway. I love rain. It drives the wimps off the streets. Sunshine is for chavbags.

I cuffing love Spring/Summer rain. WHolly refreshing and it produces that wonderful smell. Sadly, I now have to venture out in a shower without my hearing aids for fear of rust.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I cuffing love Spring/Summer rain. WHolly refreshing and it produces that wonderful smell. Sadly, I now have to venture out in a shower without my hearing aids for fear of rust.

This... well apart from the hearing aids and the fear of getting rusty.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

isnt that the wrong way round? you can oftn hear thunder, but its from some distant storm you cant see. but action of the lightning, the sudden expansion of the air causes a shock wave that always carries through the air to be heard.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns, they observed and studied, the way a man with a microscope might scrutinize the creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency, men went to and fro about the globe, confident of our empire over this world. Yet across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic regarded our planet with envious eyes and slowly, and surely, drew their plans against us.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
could've been a meteorite, they're known to light up like fireworks if they're big enough and they come in all fancy colours too!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own;....

the Incas did and they're much older ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here