Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] October Internationals - Brighton players

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I see we have a player in Scotland under 21 squad.
Time was when that would be the biggest achievement by an albion player that year.
Now….I hadn’t even heard of Marc Leonard until today.

Started both games in the cup and is one of the more probable U23 players to get his PL debut this season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just got in from a massage appointment - turned on the Ecuador v Bolivia match. Within a second, Caicedo played a crossfield pass - and about seven seconds later the ball was in the back of the net, 1-0.

Three minutes later, Caicedo produced a nice little bit of skill in midfield, played a defence-splitting pass and 2-0, Ecuador.

Barely 60 seconds later, Caicedo intercepts a pass out from the back and a couple of passes later, 3-0 Ecuador.

Bloody hell!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Caicedo subbed off in the 78th minute. The commentator's comment as he departed: "..the complete midfield performance from the 19-year-old."

I have been EXTREMELY impressed with what I have seen of him at international level.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Caicedo subbed off in the 78th minute. The commentator's comment as he departed: "..the complete midfield performance from the 19-year-old."

I have been EXTREMELY impressed with what I have seen of him at international level.

He looks the real deal from what I’ve seen too. Hopefully he can get some good experience at Beerschott and make it into our first team squad for next season. Him and Moder would be an immense pairing. Great to see Sarmiento make his debut too. Who would have thought that Brighton would have two Ecuadorean Internationals on our books.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Samy Chouchane came on as a substitute for the Tunisian U-20s in a friendly against their French counterparts in France yesterday (Chouchane was born in France but of Tunisian lineage).

The two sides meet again on Sunday.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just got in from a massage appointment - turned on the Ecuador v Bolivia match. Within a second, Caicedo played a crossfield pass - and about seven seconds later the ball was in the back of the net, 1-0.

Three minutes later, Caicedo produced a nice little bit of skill in midfield, played a defence-splitting pass and 2-0, Ecuador.

Barely 60 seconds later, Caicedo intercepts a pass out from the back and a couple of passes later, 3-0 Ecuador.

Bloody hell!

https://youtu.be/EpXWaXOn3So

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
YB hasn't featured for Mali since October 2018!

Some kind of falling out I believe. Hopefully there will be no bridges mended there, until at least after the January 2022 African Cup of Nations...
On the contrary, I'd much rather they'd mended the bridges a week or two ago - I'm sure it would have been an excellent run-out for Yves in the 5-0 romp against Kenya yesterday.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Scherpen starts for the Dutch u21s, Moran & Ferguson on bench for the Irish u21s and Nilsson was on the bench for a 2-2 draw for Sweden u19s (not sure if he got on the pitch atm).

[tweet]1446500276773527583[/tweet]

[tweet]1446502461766836233[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Caicedo could be the successor to Gross in our midfield. He has the proverbial old head on young shoulders.

Also a real bonus for Sarmiento to get 25 mins and for the Albion to have 2 internationals on the field, albeit for 15 minutes. A positive day for the Albion.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Just got in from a massage appointment
Bloody hell!
Which type did you go for?

5687304.jpg

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Ireland under 21s won 2-0 tonight against Luxembourg.

Part of the report from Irish Independent.

"Evan Ferguson of Brighton, still only 16 years of age, impressed too when he came on and suggested he could be a big player in the coming years."

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here