Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obama Kills

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
a fly and gets in trouble...what sort of world do we live in?

A fly? its last resting place could have been a pile of dog sh@t and we are supposed to catch flies and release them? Some people need to get a life.

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly | Home >> Other Sections >> Breaking News

WASHINGTON (AP) – The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
er, I wouldn't exactly call PETA releasing that statement as 'getting in trouble', would you?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
How said can people get. Next they will be accusing him of standing on ants.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
PETA are a bunch of nutters anyway, they also are extremely hypocritical will quietly put animals down if they have no room for them.

Recently they tried to stop kids eating fish by calling them 'sea kittens'.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
A man who can swat a fly without flinching, knowing that it had to be done, indicates to me a man with real strength..
Compare Obama`s direct actions with Jimmy Carter`s during the woodlice incident in 1979.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Obama swats a fly
Clinton rams a cigar up some tarts muff

Different league.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
PETA is the biggest waste of charity money.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Nasty little charity who love animals and hate people, i know somebody who did the accounts for them, you could not wish to meet a more horrible bunch of people.

My God, have you read some of the comments under that article?

Norway is a whale-meat eating country and no.1 exporter of whale meat to Japan. It is also the home country of the PETA founder. Further, sex with animals is a common practice in the scandinavian countries. What do you say PETA members?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
My God, have you read some of the comments under that article?

Norway is a whale-meat eating country and no.1 exporter of whale meat to Japan. It is also the home country of the PETA founder. Further, sex with animals is a common practice in the scandinavian countries. What do you say PETA members?

Its not as if Scandinavian women gorgeous sexy and blond :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here