Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway Sent Off

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Wednesday fans on twitter reckon CO spat at Jones and then, how shall we put it, made a comment about Jones' past.

Don't believe that for one second judging by the two managers comments after the game.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I always remember a reserve team match against Barnet in April 2003 at Worthing FC. A 4-1 win but in the social club Oatway was with Robbie Pethick chatting and I just butted in briefly that Bristol Rovers (Pethick's longest-serving club I think) were winning after checking the scores on my phone. It was met with complete silence and Oatway stared at me as if he was about to knock me out! Sure, I shouldn't have rudely interrupted but I just thought he might be interested. I've never really seen him in the same light since. Good, passionate player yes but the bloke's a bit of a nutter. Didn't he go to jail when he was at Torquay for beating someone up?

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Kuipers was brilliant that day. I got heartburn when they scored in the last minute.
That was a kick in the goolies, that last minute goal. At the time, it seemed like we wouldnt catch the cheating barstewards. However, we got revenge on that great evening Withdean (one of WIthdean's finest games) when Cullip rose like a salmon at the railway end.....!!!

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I always remember a reserve team match against Barnet in April 2003 at Worthing FC. A 4-1 win but in the social club Oatway was with Robbie Pethick chatting and I just butted in briefly that Bristol Rovers (Pethick's longest-serving club I think) were winning after checking the scores on my phone. It was met with complete silence and Oatway stared at me as if he was about to knock me out! Sure, I shouldn't have rudely interrupted but I just thought he might be interested. I've never really seen him in the same light since. Good, passionate player yes but the bloke's a bit of a nutter. Didn't he go to jail when he was at Torquay for beating someone up?

On the other hand I met Charlie in a pub on my first wedding Anniversary, hours after we had lost to Exeter away due to Charlie's mistake and he was one of the nicest guys I have met. Perhaps it was the way you approached him that caused him grievance. Although my wife on that night was steaming as I was away for ages chatting to Charlie. She didnt speak to me for hours afterwards.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He got sent off at Darlington away for biting and then chesterfield away.

That was it! I remember the Chesterfield one as well now, the headline sending off in his career and I forgot about it..

Not forgetton the crunch against QPR which ended his career though...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
charlie is a top bloke and having met him loads of times,always remembers me and my lad.
acheived a lot in his life and im glad he is with the albion

I remember the Boxing Day game at QPR, when Charlie was captaining the Albion. For reasons that were a complete mystery at the time, the stewards wouldn't let Charlie into the players' bar afterwards. So what did he do? Kick-off big time? Or go for a drink with a group of fans?

He's a top man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here