Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway revved up for return

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Oatway revved up for return

Brighton midfielder Charlie Oatway admits he is desperate to return to action after being given the green light to resume training.
The 30-year-old, who has been sidelined with a back injury, last played for the Seagulls in the 2-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday in September.

But following an opertaion to rectify the problem, Oatway is now raring to go.

"I'm delighted to be back - it's not very easy watching from the sidelines," he told the club's official website.

"I'd like to thank the surgeon and all the medical staff for the help they've given me. Hopefully, I can reward their efforts by getting back into the team."

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Funny enough although oatway isn't much copp he is certainly better than some and his running around like a headless chicken may just be what we need.:lolol:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Rehman runs around like a headless chicken. Oatway at least has a bit of bite.

Welcome back Charlie!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Charlie's gonna get ya. :lolol:

Having Charlie back will give us more options in midfield, which is what we've been lacking lately. Rehman and Yeates together in the middle is NOT an option.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Excellent.

Competition for places should mean better performances from the starting 11 to keep their place. Whatever you think of Charlie's skill level this bloke gives you 150% and won't stand for a timewaster in his place. End result, team stronger, good news.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Zeitgeist said:
Having Charlie back will give us more options in midfield, which is what we've been lacking lately. Rehman and Yeates together in the middle is NOT an option.

Yeates actually prefers playing immediately behind the front two and going for goal.
That's got to be a good thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is this one of those "football related" threads I keep hearing about ? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it.

Errrrr.....HEN

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It will be good to have Charlie back as a midfield option but he is not, in my view, an automatic choice for the first team - nor can he realistically expect to be. We need skill not just bite. But nice to have Charlie around again.

:clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here