Votes: 87 67.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Cant Decide

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam was on the front cover of Vanity Fair draped in a union jack wasn't he?

Oasis played their part in the renaissance of Britain, along with New Labour and artists like Damien Hurst (who I personally don't rate) and designers like Alexander McQueen and Paul Smith.

Also I would argue The Beatles were not as ERA defining as Oasis, The Sex Pistols, The Who or perhaps even The Jam or The Specials.

Liam dressed in a Union Jack was a direct nod to something that had already been done 20 years previously by Pete Townshend and the boys. Remember, it's the FIRST time that you see and hear something that makes it groundbreaking and innovative.

The WHO also backed their claims for status up well past Vanity Fair, abroad.
Oasis got in a couple of fights with each other, failed to turn up for a gig or two, and they were history as far as the US were concerned. Plus, the music didn't really match the furor they were trying on.
The first album was a depiction of everything The WHO were news for, 20 years beforehand - Rolls in the pool, hotel tv smashed, scooter covered with mirrors etc. Then the onstage fighting a-la Kinks. Oddly, Gallagher could basically get away with echoing the acerbic Lennon with "The Beatles are bigger than Jesus", by calling Oasis bigger than The Beatles - but if he'd tried that on The WHO he'd have had to hide in a corner from the jeers of derision.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's nearly time again for the Bootleg Beatles tour, I think it's on the 1st December.

A tribute band, yes, but one that's been touring for years and comes with a fill orchesta back-up and a slick show, it has to be to play in the venues they do.

I hope to be there, for the 3rt time having seen them every 2 years or so. It's a cracking show and really gets rocking in the 2nd half. Tha amazing thing is the audience mix, from 7 to 70 and loads of studenty types.

Highly recomended.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Beatles say, NUMBER ONE WAS PETER WARD/ANDREW WHING.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I found some pre-Oasis Noel Gallagher tunes, if any of you's Oasis fans are interested...

Following on from the Aerosmith Bon Jovi thread I thought I'd go with this one, seems to get debated quite a lot on the web and in the pub.

So, who do you think have been a better band over time???

Oasis for me.

Mate I don't know what pubs you been going to nor which scummy uneducated family you belong to but comparing the beatles to oasis is probably the stupidest thing you can do.

Whilst the Beatles created a sound never heard before and consistently brought out hit album after album Oasis have merely built on simple and pathetic rock formula which has already grown tired and boasts nothing in ingenuity or integrity musically. The artists seem to be stuck in a bad 90's movie time warp regarding their incredibly disgusting mullets, and equally repugnant fashion sense, whilst the beatles coined some outfits which shaped fashion for the following 40 years. Liam Gallagher literally shouts/screeches his songs and Noel can play about three chords on the guitar and spends most his time eyeing up his underage fans rather than concentring on the music he is meant to be playing.

Essentially in creating a thread which discusses the farcical comparison between two fortunate trogladytes and an extremely talented four-piece you have, in short obliterated the final iota of credibility in your already embarrassing repertoire. Stick to eating your f***ing KFC rather than discussing one of the greatest bands to grace the nation's ears.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Jesus Christ calm down. You made an account just to bring up a thread from almost a year ago to have a go at me specifically, whilst other's on this thread actually made an argument defending Oasis? You absolute loser! I assume you have an agenda with me and probably know who I am. Why don't you come and call my family scummy in person... Tosser

And for what it's worth the immaturity of my music taste from several months ago has moved on and I'm quite aware The Beatles were and still are a superior band.

Jesus Christ calm down. You made an account just to bring up a thread from almost a year ago to have a go at me specifically, whilst other's on this thread actually made an argument defending Oasis? You absolute loser! I assume you have an agenda with me and probably know who I am. Why don't you come and call my family scummy in person... Tosser

And for what it's worth the immaturity of my music taste from several months ago has moved on and I'm quite aware The Beatles were and still are a superior band.

Drawing attention tot the fact that i am responding to a thread that start nine months ago is unwise considering that you responded to it less than an hour later. I searched the beatles to discuss an incredible band with muscially literate people not half bred trailer trash. I'd love to come and say it in person but i'd be afraid of magically becoming a builder/ decoratoor if i stepped within one hundred metres of your house, i might also be afraid that all my house would turn into a clinical white walled black leather sofa arrangment where i would have to spend my days playing fifa whilst eating garlic bread and asda pizza.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Drawing attention tot the fact that i am responding to a thread that start nine months ago is unwise considering that you responded to it less than an hour later. I searched the beatles to discuss an incredible band with muscially literate people not half bred trailer trash. I'd love to come and say it in person but i'd be afraid of magically becoming a builder/ decoratoor if i stepped within one hundred metres of your house, i might also be afraid that all my house would turn into a clinical white walled black leather sofa arrangment where i would have to spend my days playing fifa whilst eating garlic bread and asda pizza.

I thought this thread was about the Beatles and Oasis. Not about Conboy.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

It's really not unwise. You brought it back up, what do you expect me to do, wait another 9 months and then reply again?

You're hilarious absolutlely hilarious, do you write your own stuff? I've never seen such comical genuis in my life! Lets see; good stereotypical assumption making; good use of anaphora; good attempt to make the post look like its about the Beatles rather than just trying to lambast me; and then you've managed to hide the fact you wouldn't say it to my family's face as well - Overall - top effort!

By the way, you might wanna get yourself checked up, seems like you've got a lot of pent up frustration and a lot of insecurties in that world of yours and you're taking it all out on me over an internet forum :laugh: Definitely seems like a problem there paha!... You might wanna find a better way to spend your time? Can't be good spending your time on here being such a mastermind and all...

Last edited:

I thought this thread was about the Beatles and Oasis. Not about Conboy.

Through observation of various posts I have come to the conclusion that this member, Conboy, is synonymous with the Oasis franchise. As such I believe it's appropriate he suffers a similar sized portion of my literary swordsmanship.

It's really not unwise. You brought it back up, what do you expect me to do, wait another 9 months and then reply again?

You're hilarious absolutlely hilarious, do you write your own stuff? I've never seen such comical genuis in my life! Lets see; good stereotypical assumption making; good use of anaphora; good attempt to make the post look like its about the Beatles rather than just trying to lambast me and you've hidden the fact that you wouldn't say it to my family's face as well - Overall - top effort!

By the way, you might wanna get yourself checked up, seems like you've got a lot of pent up frustration and a lot of insecurties in that world of yours...

You could have done that Conboy. Perhaps, indeed, it would have been wise.

Your thinly veiled and ultimately futile argument serves no purpose whatsoever. You use terms which have clearly been derived from a crash-course in AS English Language. I would so love to say it to your family's face but, as said, the repercussions of magically transforming into a beer-swilling tradesman are too costly.

Furthermore, the insecurities you demonstrate by defending your family with year 8 style jibes such as 'you wouldn't say it you their face' expose you as the ignorant, cretinous buffoon you are; the realism that you like to run away from. Hell, are you even over the drinking limit?

Oasis are a band of mullet-addled dribblers, and that's that. Now go home, don your England shirt, and do the Happy Mondays dance to Wonderwall with not a worry in the world. I'm just going to take a break from writing cryptic poems, to sit back and watch you make a fool of yourself. Again.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Your thinly veiled and ultimately futile argument serves no purpose whatsoever. You use terms which have clearly been derived from a crash-course in AS English Language. I would so love to say it to your family's face but, as said, the repercussions of magically transforming into a beer-swilling tradesman are too costly.

Furthermore, the insecurities you demonstrate by defending your family with year 8 style jibes such as 'you wouldn't say it you their face' expose you as the ignorant, cretinous buffoon you are; the realism that you like to run away from. Hell, are you even over the drinking limit?

Oasis are a band of mullet-addled dribblers, and that's that. Now go home, don your England shirt, and do the Happy Mondays dance to Wonderwall with not a worry in the world. I'm just going to take a break from writing cryptic poems, to sit back and watch you make a fool of yourself. Again.

Credit where it's due, you've certainly done you're research on my life, have you nothing to better to do? Or does it make you feel better denigrating others to boost your own (clearly lacking) self esteem?

The insecurties I demonstrate when defending my family? It's not really a surprise when you make nonsensical assumptions about people I care about. Of course, you'd like to belive it's a year 8 style jibe as that suits your bill perfectly; try and lower my status and elevate your own. In actual fact it was perfectly legitimate question, you 'give it large' on here and are happy to attack me and my family as it gives you a greater feeling of self-importance, however, when it comes to real life you shy away from the oppurtunity and your post is shown up as fallacious and you are shown up to be a bit of an ego-tripping twat.

The person with the real insecurites and agenda here is you my friend. You bounce a thread from 9 months ago, which by all accounts other than yours is forgotten about, you then censure me, make absurd suppostions about my personal life whereby you attempt to portray me as some kind of ape-like nationalist chav living in the 1800's becuase it suits your fantasist theory and of course fulfills the purpose you've given it and makes you feel better about your, once again, clearly lacking life.

Now you carry on with your cryptic poems and jump at the next oppurtunity to try and belittle someone so your life carries a greater sense of importance.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Through observation of various posts I have come to the conclusion that this member, Conboy, is synonymous with the Oasis franchise. As such I believe it's appropriate he suffers a similar sized portion of my literary swordsmanship.

You could have done that Conboy. Perhaps, indeed, it would have been wise.

Not too sure what your problem is but you seem to be more interested in destroying another poster rather than debating the merits of 2 fine bands.

I'm locking this thread as it ran it's course last year and any more blatant attempts to abuse another poster will result in a ban.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here