Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oasis - 2025

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think I speak for many people (perhaps not all, but plenty) when I say that I think new Oasis music would be a bad idea.

Again, to clarify, this isn't a slagging off - more just that I don't think it would really work in 2024. Could be wrong though.
I kind of agree with you but i know if there is I'll buy it even if it'd clearly a load of old shit.

I've spent the past decade or so convinced I wasn't bothered about a reunion and had solid reasons
for it but as soon as they announced it I lost my shit with excitement.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I like Simon Price but if I had to guess, the Guardian desk has contacted a bunch of writers offering £100 for a counter to the piece they ran earlier in the week in which loads of their (pretty cynical) critics said the reunion is culturally significant. He’s never liked Oasis but his main arguments read a bit contrived.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I like Simon Price but if I had to guess, the Guardian desk has contacted a bunch of writers offering £100 for a counter to the piece they ran earlier in the week in which loads of their (pretty cynical) critics said the reunion is culturally significant. He’s never liked Oasis but his main arguments read a bit contrived.
His entire piece can be shortened to this one line, found near the end:

But the art needs to at least be good.

That's all it boils down to. All his pontificating is summed up by, essentially, "I think the music is shit"

Just say that Simon and save everyone a few minutes of their lives.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was at one of those shows. Bootleg Beatles were the support band on the night I went. I believe there was a different act the other night. Cant recall who though.
Could have been the same night, cannot recall as the bar probably had my attention.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
From yesterday's popb#tch
Over one million people have searched for the name of Oasis’s original drummer in the past 24 hours.​

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was at one of those shows. Bootleg Beatles were the support band on the night I went. I believe there was a different act the other night. Cant recall who though.
*Straining with everything I have not to make a joke that Bootleg Beatles were actually the main act that evening...*

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
That was the previous year in 1996 when bootleg beetles supported them, massive crowd crush on the Saturday night show made the news, we went the Sunday after coming back from a 1-0 defeat away at Carlisle on the Saturday ! what a night it was at earls court

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Read that yesterday. Tosser. Appreciate he is entitled to his opinions, but its typical stuck up tosh like this that gets printed in the Guardian, which pisses me off. He is obviously someone quite far left who doesn’t accept other people’s opinions. Whilst they have said daft things, I like the fact they’re opinionated and express their views or say stupid things, makes them better than the wet wipes you get in music today who just shut anyone down for not agreeing with them.

Sorry, ranting there but it really gets my goat.
Agree, it’s nonsense like this which gives the Grauniad a bad rap. It’s miles apart from their excellent world news coverage. If they cut ALL the editorials designed to “shock” (I’m thinking Owen Jones and his ilk) I’d probably subscribe.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When you posted this, did you lean back in your chair, crack your knuckles and think “I’ll just wait for the post likes to come rolling in”.

What a completely pointless post in the OASIS thread :lol:

Sometimes I wonder about this place!
What’s wrong with saying you’re not impressed by something loads of other people are going overboard about.
i saw one post elsewhere today where people were complaining that kids were getting in on the act and that it should be restricted to older people, to which somebody had responded that “well, everybody in England is an Oasis fan”. One needs to shatter such delusions! ;) (y)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What’s wrong with saying you’re not impressed by something loads of other people are going overboard about.
i saw one post elsewhere today where people were complaining that kids were getting in on the act and that it should be restricted to older people, to which somebody had responded that “well, everybody in England is an Oasis fan”. One needs to shatter such delusions! ;) (y)
1. It’s an Oasis thread full of people very excited about the reunion who just want to enjoy something nice for themselves in these shit, bleak times of economic ruin.

2. The same people commenting multiple times how they don’t like Oasis - in the Oasis thread. A thread they’ve intentionally opened, then typed out a comment in, just to get a reaction and be adversarial.

3. This is genuinely a big event, wall to wall news coverage, hundreds of posts on here, it clearly has mass appeal and for people who don’t like them this seems to be really piss them off. I’m sorry your super cool niche band aren’t selling out the biggest stadiums in the country a year in advance.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Read that yesterday. Tosser. Appreciate he is entitled to his opinions, but its typical stuck up tosh like this that gets printed in the Guardian, which pisses me off. He is obviously someone quite far left who doesn’t accept other people’s opinions. Whilst they have said daft things, I like the fact they’re opinionated and express their views or say stupid things, makes them better than the wet wipes you get in music today who just shut anyone down for not agreeing with them.

Sorry, ranting there but it really gets my goat.
But before you go off on too much of a rant, for balance the same publication also published this:

And

Plus others. It’s almost like they allow their journalists to express various sometimes contradictory views and opinions.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
1. It’s an Oasis thread full of people very excited about the reunion who just want to enjoy something nice for themselves in these shit, bleak times of economic ruin.

2. The same people commenting multiple times how they don’t like Oasis - in the Oasis thread. A thread they’ve intentionally opened, then typed out a comment in, just to get a reaction and be adversarial.

3. This is genuinely a big event, wall to wall news coverage, hundreds of posts on here, it clearly has mass appeal and for people who don’t like them this seems to be really piss them off. I’m sorry your super cool niche band aren’t selling out the biggest stadiums in the country a year in advance.
It's a strange phenomenon, same thing happens whenever the Beatles are mentioned, it prompts a whole load of contrarian odd balls to feel like they need to jump on a thread to claim that they were shit/ average/ overrated etc.

I was never a massive Oasis fan but I can appreciate what they achieved as a band, their impact on popular culture during the 90's and why them reforming is such a big occasion for many people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here