Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oasis - 2025

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Snoop Dogg is fascinating because he has basically sold out, pretty unashamedly, doing anything and everything to make easy cash (Just Eat adverts, selling “influencer” style on social media, reality shows, judging shows, cooking(!) shows..).

Yet somehow after all of this he maintains good will even from rap fans. Quite remarkable
Sorry Pitbull, Snoop Dogg truly is Mr Worldwide. As you say, he has done EVERYTHING, constantly working.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yup - from £2.09 to about £6.11.
That's the 'mechanical' royalty from a track being streamed. The honest amount is what the publisher negotiates with the streaming service for the catalogue. Let's be honest, Spotify don't pay the same amount to the publisher to have Timmy Mallet's 'Huggin and a Kissin' album as it does What's the Story...even if the actual royalty for a play is the same.

Streaming has also enabled artists to cut out the parasitical middle men in the music industry, so it's not all negative. Not that I am defending the service, but bands that may previously not even got close to getting a record deal, can record, produce and get heard.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I've scanned the last few days posts and can't see any mention of the confirmation email for singing up for the pre-sale ballot.

Has anyone got theirs?

Also, not seen any indication of ticket prices, anyone got anything on this?

Thanks!!
Panic over everyone - confirmation email found in Junk folder earlier this afternoon.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Panic over everyone - confirmation email found in Junk folder earlier this afternoon.
I said earlier in this thread that I was of the opinion that it'll be a let down....
Blah blah blah...

But after serious consideration with Mrs AR, we thought fvck it and are now going for tickets.
Oasis fans thru and thru:)

Plus got that email too.
Wembley only 20 mins away, back in time for horlicks 😉

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I'm really surprised how "mad fer it" my kids (20 and 18) are for these Oasis dates.

I've obviously unwittingly indoctrinated them over the years but to be honest I haven't really listened to much Oasis during their formative years. I dug out my vast Oasis CD (mostly CD singles) collection last night and they were impressed or at least pretended to be.

I did have to explain that a CD single was the equivalent to a 12" single which didn't really help much - streaming generation I guess.

So it would seem the entire crowd won't necessarily be Gazelle wearing Adidas zipped up tracksuit top clad coked-up Wellends...

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm really surprised how "mad fer it" my kids (20 and 18) are for these Oasis dates.

I've obviously unwittingly indoctrinated them over the years but to be honest I haven't really listened to much Oasis during their formative years. I dug out my vast Oasis CD (mostly CD singles) collection last night and they were impressed or at least pretended to be.

I did have to explain that a CD single was the equivalent to a 12" single which didn't really help much - streaming generation I guess.

So it would seem the entire crowd won't necessarily be Gazelle wearing Adidas zipped up tracksuit top clad coked-up Wellends...
By all accounts Oasis are popular amongst the younger crowd (i.e. people not old enough to remember them being together, much less the 90s), so it's probably not anything you did that's got them into it.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
By all accounts Oasis are popular amongst the younger crowd (i.e. people not old enough to remember them being together, much less the 90s), so it's probably not anything you did that's got them into it.
Does that equally apply to The Smiths, Eddie and the Hot Rods and a variety of other 80s acts and tunes they have on their playlists or the fact that modern music is crap <grumpy old man mode off>?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Liam has been smashing it as a solo artist - selling out Knebworth singing Oasis songs - can’t really see what benefit bringing Noel back in to play guitar brings - the massive game changer would be if they release new material as Oasis

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

My sons 20 and 26 love Oasis, Stone Roses and other indie bands Kasabian, Artic Monkeys and The Courteeners to name a few.
Both lads went to Reading festival on Sunday to see Liam Gallagher, they also saw him at the Etihad in 2022.
Fingers crossed they get tickets for Wembley

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Biggest Clear And Present Danger to anybody contemplating buying Oasis 25 tickets is that you run the risk of being caught in some horrible maelstrom where you can barely see the band on a giant screen either side of the stage and can barely hear them over the inevitable mega-karaoke. Seriously, apart from bragging rights on social media, why would you even bother? :shrug:
This in spades, I have never been one for stadium gigs, in fact I turned down a ticket for Knebworth for this very reason.

My boy wants to go and see the Prodigy in a stadium though so I might make an exception, as I did for The Cure a few years ago. Both in tennis stadiums too which make it a little smaller.

One of the many benefits of living in Australia is being able to see big UK acts in smaller venues.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Liam has been smashing it as a solo artist - selling out Knebworth singing Oasis songs - can’t really see what benefit bringing Noel back in to play guitar brings - the massive game changer would be if they release new material as Oasis
My thought too, I was hoping Liam was going to bring his Definately Maybe show down under.

Adding Noel to the bill will add a ton of cash to the ticket price, a ton of knobeads to the crowd (in a larger and shitter venue) and of course a extra knobhead on stage.

I remain skeptical of how many actual members of Oasis will be involved too. Surely Bonehead at a minimum is required?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s fascinating the amount of discussion this tour has generated. I’m not judging, it’s objectively interesting.

A band that were hugely successful and that people still enjoy are going on tour again.

Attendance is not compulsory and people will be spending their own money to purchase tickets.

If it’s not your cup of tea, I’d advise not going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here