Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oasis - 2025

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well that's disappointing. £150 is causing me to reconsider.

Having seen them a number of times before, in their glory days, I don't know if I can justify that sort of cash.
Given the likes of Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish are around £300 minimum nowadays, it's disappointing I'm sure but not surprising.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Given the likes of Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish are around £300 minimum nowadays, it's disappointing I'm sure but not surprising.
Yeah not a surprise at all.

I'd looked at Green Day earlier this year and Blink-182 and they were similarly expensive.

No doubt there's going to be some young fans who are categorically priced out of this entirely.

Way of the world in 2024 I guess. Everything is expensive.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Wembley Ticket Prices 😬

*PITCH STANDING*
£151.25 (£135.00)

*SEATS*
From £74.25 (£65.00)

Cheapest ticket in Manchester is £148. Ouch.
1724938637759.png

That's just for the standard tickets... Here's what you could pay...

1724938851513.png

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wembley Ticket Prices 😬

*PITCH STANDING*
£151.25 (£135.00)

*SEATS*
From £74.25 (£65.00)

Paid AUD20 (a tenner) to see them at the Sydney Entertainment centre in 1998, touts were struggling outside to shift them, British backpackers were pretty happy.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
David Bowie said years ago, right at the start of digital music, downloads, Limewire etc that musicians would lose a lot of money from CD sales etc that they'd be forced to make up the shortfall by increasing the prices of live shows. I'm not defending the prices by the way, just saying that it is the going rate for larger concerts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
David Bowie said years ago, right at the start of digital music, downloads, Limewire etc that musicians would lose a lot of money from CD sales etc that they'd be forced to make up the shortfall by increasing the prices of live shows. I'm not defending the prices by the way, just saying that it is the going rate for larger concerts.
You and as always, David - are/were absolutely correct in that Spotify and other streaming services should take a large proportion of the blame for why live event music costs have risen so dramatically over the last 10-20 years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Taking into account for inflation things should only be double they were 25 years ago. But the fact is leisure and entertainment in way more expensive in real terms these days, its not just music, its ootball, tennis, rugby, cricket you name.

They don't charge what its worth, they charge what the market will pay

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You and as always, David - are/were absolutely correct in that Spotify and other streaming services should take a large proportion of the blame for why live event music costs have risen so dramatically over the last 10-20 years.
Don't most live acts nowadays make most profit from flogging merchandise? Just like Easyjet prob make most profit from flogging tubes of Pringles

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The flip side of that argument, is that artists tour more because people are also more likely to stream their music before and after gigs and puts the band back on the radar.

A tour previously may not have made people go out and buy an album, but I dare say this last week Oasis's income from streaming has already rocketed up.

I don't necessarily buy the argument streaming has hurt the larger bands, maybe the smaller bands, but an outfit like Oasis have probably earned more from streaming over the last 15 years than they would have done record sales. (i have not actual figures or data for this though!).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wembley Ticket Prices 😬

*PITCH STANDING*
£151.25 (£135.00)

*SEATS*
From £74.25 (£65.00)

Despite living in Manchester, I would rather go to watch them at Wembley. Heaton Park gigs always tend to bring out the dick heads.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Biggest Clear And Present Danger to anybody contemplating buying Oasis 25 tickets is that you run the risk of being caught in some horrible maelstrom where you can barely see the band on a giant screen either side of the stage and can barely hear them over the inevitable mega-karaoke. Seriously, apart from bragging rights on social media, why would you even bother? :shrug:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Seems my £10 spend back in 1994 was a relative bargain. I even bumped into Gary Hart and Kerry Mayo.

The gig in the Fleece in Bristol earlier that year was only a fiver!

Ticket oasis.jpg

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Despite living in Manchester, I would rather go to watch them at Wembley. Heaton Park gigs always tend to bring out the dick heads.
I'm pretty sure that the crowd at ALL of the UK dates, at ALL venues, will have a huge % of beery / coked-up, laddish ****s.

It will be like a football crowd but without the families, the oldies, and most of the women.

Which is a shame.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Price exactly as expected. About half the price of a Taylor Swift gig and around the same price as RHCP, Foo Fighters and even Green Day.

In the ballot. Fingers crossed.

Really hope I get a ticket…

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I dare say this last week Oasis's income from streaming has already rocketed up.
Yup - from £2.09 to about £6.11.
Snoop Dogg recently disclosed that his 1 billion streams on Spotify resulted in earnings of less than $45,000.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
From £2.09 to about £6.11.
Snoop Dogg is fascinating because he has basically sold out, pretty unashamedly, doing anything and everything to make easy cash (Just Eat adverts, selling “influencer” style on social media, reality shows, judging shows, cooking(!) shows..).

Yet somehow after all of this he maintains good will even from rap fans. Quite remarkable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here