Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oasis - 2025

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Oasis are the musical equivalent of Liverpool in the 80s and Man Utd in the 90s.
Their phenomenal success and popularity breeds jealousy in those that don’t support them leading to the pathetic snipes that appear on this thread.
Although, unlike Liverpool and Man U winning everything, Oasis' success isn't at the expense of anybody else being able to listen to whatever they want.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Oasis are the musical equivalent of Liverpool in the 80s and Man Utd in the 90s.
Their phenomenal success and popularity breeds jealousy in those that don’t support them leading to the pathetic snipes that appear on this thread.
true, if Liverpool & Man U were serving up Dycheball.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
i will do, as i was under the impression we were allowed to voice an opinion contrary to the prevalent one. I'm glad a lot of people will get to see them and hopefully have a great time, Im not disputing they had a few great songs, but Mike Flowers Pops did a better version of one of them

well maybe not better......

Boring.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
To be fair, they are encouraging Twickets, which is face value only, and Ticketmaster fan-to-fan. (I'm not sure if the latter is face value only)
Both twickets and ticketmaster resale are botted and hoovered up, 99%, by touts anyway. Doesn’t help.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Lots of people will be clicking away and cursing on the trains up to Norff London come Saturday morning.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not in the minority at all, utter f***ing dross
You realise you are talking utter bollocks?

I used to work in the motorcycle industry. It got oh so f***ing predictable to hear Sussex’ latest answer to Valentino Rossi telling us how boring the Honda CBR600 was, and how it was boring as everyone has got one.

The reason something is really popular is because it is bloody good at what it does. It may not be quirky, innovative or intellectually challenging. But it is as good as anything out there for the majority of consumers. Bit like Oasis really.

YOU may not like it, but it ain’t utter f***ing dross, if it were then very few people would buy into it. Marketing can do so much to aid popularity, but it cannot cover up ‘urgent f***ing dross’ for nearly 30 years.

Now go offer your insights into another thread where it may be appreciated.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Liverpool and Man U were top teams in England and Europe. The same can't be said about Oasis, their high level popularity was a domestic phenomenon something that Liam in particular failed to realise. I remember him turning up to MTV Unplugged drunk and unable to perform. This type of behaviour was tolerated here, it was part of the cult appeal, elsewhere it wasn't appreciated by some. Oasis were pretty big elsewhere but could have been bigger.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yeah I think the rumoured 10 days at Wembley dates are probably about right. Currently there's 4 and it wouldn't surprise me if they add another 6 when they get sold out within minutes.
Newspapers this morning saying they 'won't play 10 dates at Wembley'. But then they would say that, wouldn't they? Got to make the tickets seem like gold dust and get them 'sold out' before releasing more. With dynamic pricing, it'll also be interesting to see whether the earliest fans are fleeced. No pre-sales I'm aware of but it often seems that when there are, they put out a lot of the worst seats at premium prices to ensnare those who will pay anything not to miss out.

I'm not a fan of the ticketing industry, it's fair to say.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Newspapers this morning saying they 'won't play 10 dates at Wembley'. But then they would say that, wouldn't they? Got to make the tickets seem like gold dust and get them 'sold out' before releasing more. With dynamic pricing, it'll also be interesting to see whether the earliest fans are fleeced. No pre-sales I'm aware of but it often seems that when there are, they put out a lot of the worst seats at premium prices to ensnare those who will pay anything not to miss out.

Nice Mandy Rice-Davies-ing! ;)

Tickets WILL be like gold dust, in my view, and absolutely no question that more dates will be available and announced “by popular demand” a few weeks after the first ones sell out within minutes.

Some posters here have failed to separate their personal dislike for Oasis with their popularity and the excitement this announcement has generated.

It was front page on a couple of the newspapers, front page and one of the most read on the BBC, plastered everywhere on social media and I’ve had mates I haven’t spoken to in ages WhatsApp me to say they’re trying to get tickets on the day.

But going back to your post, I agree with everything you’ve said about promoters tactics and the sleaziness of ticket companies.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Could all be cleared up easily with the threat of random ID checks, but they want resell sites to thrive for some reason. We now have a situation that even driving test slots are getting re-sold, nuts

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Could all be cleared up easily with the threat of random ID checks, but they want resell sites to thrive for some reason. We now have a situation that even driving test slots are getting re-sold, nuts
There’s almost some cynical bastard or two somewhere making a buck. Ticketmaster are thoroughly immoral, but at least they aren’t the exclusive vendor for this tour.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This is a reunion long time in the making and for a lot of people this is huge and you would have to be an extremely churlish pr*ck to dismiss the excitement that literally millions of people are experiencing right now. As much as I love the first two albums I'm not sure I personally need to see any of these shows, but I wish everyone joining the bunfight saturday morning the very best of luck in getting tickets.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My feelings about Oasis have ebbed and flowed over the years.

As a kid, they were always my older brother's music, his generation etc, so I didn't like it initially and got more into US rock as a youngster (Chili Peppers, RATM etc), it seemed much more interesting and exotic.

Radiohead and Muse brought me back round.

I can now appreciate the importance and cultural significance of Oasis (those early gigs must've been very exciting to be at) and I do recognise Noel has some talent as a songwriter. However, as a bassist who used to be a drummer I find their rhythm section insanely boring and unimaginative and that makes it harder for me to really get into them on the music side of things.

Also a bit like Pearl Jam (Staind, Nickelback, Creed etc), Oasis have spawned so many bands who are utterly awful (not their fault, but hard not to link).

Seeing everyone's dream line ups for the gig being things like;

OASIS
The Charlatans
The Verve
The Enemy

etc just seems so boring and aggressively white - no swing or groove at all. But, each to their own and I hope if anyone here gets tickets they have a great time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here