Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O2 Contract Ending on my iPhone, Considering 3 any advice please

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
...note that Tmobile and Orange are virtually one in the same company, or will be very very shortly. They share eachother's masts and reception won't be a problem.

Not quite true... they share their voice networks, but haven't combined their 3G networks. If you use the internet a lot and why would you have an iphone (or any other smartphone) if not, then you see *no* benefit whatsoever from the merger yet.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Not quite true... they share their voice networks, but haven't combined their 3G networks. If you use the internet a lot and why would you have an iphone (or any other smartphone) if not, then you see *no* benefit whatsoever from the merger yet.

Ah I didn't realise that. They don't tell you that in the shops...

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I moved from O3 to 3 last year. Have perfect signal in places I didn't have before with O2.

Plus the deals are so much better.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
3 = shit signal !!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheapest I found was £21.50 / month o2 * 24 months, + £110 fee for an iPhone 4S. Ordered.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
On a different but similar note, my youngest has set her heart on having a Samsung Galaxy Ace for her birthday next week. I've found Tesco do it on a £15 per month, no upfront contract which gives 250 minutes, 5000 texts and 500mb data which should cope with a 12 year old's use. That's £360 over the two years.

Anyone got a better solution?

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Check out the Galaxy Note, you have to try it to believe it, it's awesome.
Falling that, the Galaxy S2 is gravy
but the Galaxy S3 is rumored to out this year... that will make the 4gs look like an old Nokia, even more than the S2 does already :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Check out the Galaxy Note, you have to try it to believe it, it's awesome.
Falling that, the Galaxy S2 is gravy
but the Galaxy S3 is rumored to out this year... that will make the 4gs look like an old Nokia, even more than the S2 does already :)

Rumoured? Samsung have confirmed the unveiling of their latest phone to be comprehensively outsold by the iPhone is next week.

Specs, specs, specs - you Android fanboys can keep banging on about them but the iPhone keeps selling more and more. It must be depressing to make (and buy for that matter) "the best Android phone ever" only for it to be the 2nd best the week after, the 3rd best the week after etc etc. Then you have to price cut in order to keep shifting units whilst the iPhone continues to sell zillions at a decent price point.

Do Android phones come free with a packet of cornflakes yet?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Rumoured? Samsung have confirmed the unveiling of their latest phone to be comprehensively outsold by the iPhone is next week.

Specs, specs, specs - you Android fanboys can keep banging on about them but the iPhone keeps selling more and more. It must be depressing to make (and buy for that matter) "the best Android phone ever" only for it to be the 2nd best the week after, the 3rd best the week after etc etc. Then you have to price cut in order to keep shifting units whilst the iPhone continues to sell zillions at a decent price point.

Decent price point for Apple, not so good for the consumer!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Decent price point for Apple, not so good for the consumer!

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Specs, specs, specs - you Android fanboys can keep banging on about them but the iPhone keeps selling more and more. It must be depressing...

I'm not sure what u'r point is, I've had a 4gs and I've had a galaxy s2. My S2 out performs it in every way including user experience and I'm not tied to itunes in any way, even with icloud; pod casts are easier, I own all of my mp3s and can put them on any device I like. And apps are cheaper & there's more free apps because of adverts.

However, if u'v already spent bags of cash on iphone apps, you might as well stick with Apple, I'm a geek for this stuff, if u'r not: "if it ain't broke don't fix it" they're not that different, I personally have a definite preference tho.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dont agree about 3,great company,have my android phone and my wife,my 2 kids have the latest blacberrys,and we have all you can eat data for a whole montly bill off 78.00.they have just offerd me a latest iphone as a great loyality customer (been with them 8 years),for 23 quid,superb reception and nver had problems

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

By that distorted logic (i.e. Down to popularity) it appears you would endorse supporting Man Utd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here