Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O2 Contract Ending on my iPhone, Considering 3 any advice please

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I have been with O2 for about 8 years now, but I think at £45 for a monthly contract on an iPhone3 is a little high compared to some deals around now. I am looking to upgrade to a 4S and I am particularly attracted to deals being offered by the 3 network at the moment, but I am getting mixed reports as to the quality of the signal.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Phone o2 to tell them you're thinking of leaving and see what they offer you to stay.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Not my experience but a friend who runs an independent phone shop:

1 - The "3" signal can be hit & miss although not as bad as it once was.

2 - Many of "3" phones are refurbished used sets rather than brand new.

3 - Their aftercare is shit, but then most of the others are nothing special.

4 - With Iphone 4s, Vodaphone were supposedly offering the best through Carphone warehouse. I've been on the hunt for a 4s deal for my daughter. The vodaphone sales rep advised us to go to Carphone warehouse as they were cheaper for the same deal.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I would avoid joining 3 at all costs

DanSeagull

Jun 10, 2009
I would avoid joining 3 at all costs

This. I had a contract with 3 fairly recently and the signal was awful and as stated above was given a refurb handset! Plus aftercare is worst I have ever dealt with any company. Avoid at all costs!

D

Deleted member 18477

My iPhone 3Gs costs me 14 quid a month. Simplicity contracts are the way forward!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I bought a 4s sim free from apple for 500 but get a few quid back from quidco. Stuck my £10 / month t-mob sim in it.
I can upgrade next month, get an android and flog it for around £100 so all in I'm paying around £630 for 2 years.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Don't touch 3 with a bargepole. In my experience the signal is extremely poor and the customer service is somewhat lacking!!!!!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
They offer unlimited internet though, which would be good for me. Vodafone don't offer any contracts more than 1gb which does my head in and seems so backward in this day and age.

If you don't need a new handset, I'd go with Giffgaff - think I'll do this in May as my Galaxy s2 has some life in it yet.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Been with 3 for a year, signal as good as any other lot I've used... No problems here!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My iPhone 3Gs costs me 14 quid a month. Simplicity contracts are the way forward!
Nice deal. I take it that's once you had the phone paid off? Wife got a 3Gs for £18.50 a month. I'm £10.50 a month no contract with simplicity (Nokia smartphone).

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
See my signature for the best phone company. I get unlimited texts, unlimited Internet and 250 minutes for £10 on a month to month roll contract.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
I am just about to end my contract with O2 and looking to switch to T-Mobile on their 'Full Monty' contract - unlimited texts and data download and 2000 minutes for £36 a month and you can get an i-phone 4S for £99.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
I am just about to end my contract with O2 and looking to switch to T-Mobile on their 'Full Monty' contract - unlimited texts and data download and 2000 minutes for £36 a month and you can get an i-phone 4S for £99.

I went from Vodafone to Orange / T Mobile and they are an absolute nightmare. I am a high user and I am stuck in this contract for another 12 months. The problem is their signal. They claim to have more masts than anyone else in the UK since the two companies joined together but as far as signal goes (I am out by Hove Park) they are hopeless. Both my wife and daughter stayed on Vodafone and their signal is fine.

Even the free sat nav they offer doesn't work. I was seduced by the offer of a free ipod touch to move over. Go to the review sites if you have any doubts as to the potential signal you will get....

Consumer Reviews, Product Ratings, Compare Best Prices | Review Centre - you will find a lot of unhappy people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here