Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o2 Arenas

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is there anything doing with the old Hippodrome or not? There's SO many bands that tour all the o2 venues but don't come to Brighton because all we can offer is the Concorde or Audio as a venue.

The latest tour we are missing out on is the Courteneers.

WHAT A NAUSE.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Unfortunately these classic venues ( Max Miller, The Beatles etc.) and buildings in Brighton, tend to catch fire easily when the end to their economic life appears to come to an end. :down:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't mind especially but the Concorde, as a venue, just pisses me off. The shape of the place in really not conducive to live bands. IT'S TOO THIN.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And they wouldnt fill the Brighton centre...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The new owners lodged two planning applications to refurbish the inside and outside, but withdrew them.

It is a real shame that it remains obsolete. It would certainly open up Middle Street again.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Never gonna happen though is it. The venues of Brighton are always in financial trouble, Concorde several times, Komedia recently, Brighton Centre basically paid for by the council and the Dome paid for by the Arts council. Any company that took over the Hippodrome would have to run at least two other venues out of business to make it a success and attract bands away from Portsmouth/Southampton. Highly unlikely in my opinion.

Also if you look at the turnover of venues in London (Hammersmith Apollo has a different name every time I go there) it is clear that there is very little money to be made out of this kind of business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here