Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O2 Arena question....

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Can anybody on here that has been to a gig at the O2 answer a couple of questions please....

1. Is it a bastard to get away after to get back to Brighton? Presumably the tubes are still on the go to get to Victoria but im not sure of the distance from the tube to the arena etc

2. I saw parking is available for a not so reasonable £17.50 but it might be an option if it's easy to get away but dont fancy being stuck for ages in a jam tbh!

I'm 50/50 as whether to bother as i bought the ticket last year in a mad moment...AC/DC who i was listening to at the time but not so much now! I spose ebay might be the answer.

Cheers in advance

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Get the tube to London Bridge for a direct train to Brighton. Takes about 10 minutes.

Edit: you might have to change at East Croydon at that time of night. Still easy though.

Last edited:

Mar 13, 2008
Tube is right next to the entrance (wasn't working when I went up a couple of weeks ago, so I would check it).
Parking isn't that much and it doesn't take that long to get away. We got stuck for about 15minutes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
you can park at the tube station for free, although there are limited spaces ;-)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The tube is about 1 minute walk form the exit of the O2. The car park is pricey, but they have got it quite well sorted. I have done both, neither are a problem. Also, I understand you can catch a train to Chalrton station and then catch a free bus to the O2, they run every 5 minutes or so.
You really can't fault the O2, everything seems to work just fine, except when TFL decide to close the tube lines.
The only downer is the prices, everything is expensive, but at least the shows are great, faciliteis are good, sound is good, view is good (although you can be a long way up in the cheaper seats).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I know it's going to be a nightmare on Friday, when the Jubilee line is closed :nono:

No decent bus routes from London Bridge... might investigate the boat option... anyone tried it ??

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hmmmm might be very close to the exit, depends where you are in the arena. Last time I went it was a good 10 minute walk back to the tube by which time there was a massive queue.

The car park for Metallica the other week was a nightmare. We didn't move for 45 minutes (literally didn't move, sat there with the engine off). In the end they just opened the barriers and let everyone out without having to pay.

Mar 13, 2008
Hmmmm might be very close to the exit, depends where you are in the arena. Last time I went it was a good 10 minute walk back to the tube by which time there was a massive queue.

The car park for Metallica the other week was a nightmare. We didn't move for 45 minutes (literally didn't move, sat there with the engine off). In the end they just opened the barriers and let everyone out without having to pay.
We avoided this by parking in a car park that you pay before hand. They clear pretty quick.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Can anybody on here that has been to a gig at the O2 answer a couple of questions please....

1. Is it a bastard to get away after to get back to Brighton? Presumably the tubes are still on the go to get to Victoria but im not sure of the distance from the tube to the arena etc

2. I saw parking is available for a not so reasonable £17.50 but it might be an option if it's easy to get away but dont fancy being stuck for ages in a jam tbh!

I'm 50/50 as whether to bother as i bought the ticket last year in a mad moment...AC/DC who i was listening to at the time but not so much now! I spose ebay might be the answer.

Cheers in advance

Tip for the tube, don't join the back of the queue go round the other side of the tube station (the public side) and the queue is much shorter.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I parked at the O2 for Metallica two Saturdays ago, when the tube was shut, got me £15 but only a few minutes walk to the arena, and took me about 15 minutes to get out as they funnel the cars away really well, was back home by 12.45am and the gig finished at 11.15pm, so I would recommend parking

murtz

Apr 10, 2009
I'm stuck on the same problem!

Im coming down from Leicester and was wondering whether to go through London to get to the M1 on the way back.. or just take the M25 round?

Also.. I really dont want to get stuck in a jam so is there any car park that you can recommend that would take me onto the main roads without much of a problem?

Thanks!!

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Take the M25 across the Dartford Bridge then take first junction A2 to get to the 02 - its roughly 15 mins up the A2 and outside there is plenty of car parks, including the tube station car park. As said previously, i was out and onto the A2 in 15-20 mins after the concert. A2 to M1 using the M25 will take you around 30 mins tops.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There is street parking in Charlton, no more than a brisk walk away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You really can't fault the O2, everything seems to work just fine, except when TFL decide to close the tube lines.

I second this. Getting there by car or train after an Albion game is easy except by train if tube is shut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm stuck on the same problem!

Im coming down from Leicester and was wondering whether to go through London to get to the M1 on the way back.. or just take the M25 round?

Also.. I really dont want to get stuck in a jam so is there any car park that you can recommend that would take me onto the main roads without much of a problem?

Thanks!!

Pre-book the 02 car park. This is the best option and I understand it works very well. I'm a booze and train man personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here