Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Wokmania or Gekko buffet restaurant..

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
West Street Brighton- Went there before the game yesterday and a few other Albion fans were in there too. Truely the worst food I have ever tasted. The hygeine was also terrible- plates and cutlery dirty! I know it is only £6.99 but it was not worth that- just pleased I did not get food poisioning from the greasy MSG soaked food:angry:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Sorry WW, but it's not. That place in particular is woeful. Doesn't matter how cheap it is, the HYGENE should not be sacrificed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I never understand the appeal of eat all you can Indians and chineses, could someone explain?! Whenever you go to a normal Chinese or Indian and get lovely fresh-cooked food, you always end up with far more than you can eat anyway... Unless you're a real greedy bastard!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The Me Old China place on West Street is somewhere where I'll never go again. I went there years ago and there was glass in my food! Worst still, they tried to hide the evidence. I reported it to Environmental Health at the City Council that day.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I never understand the appeal of eat all you can Indians and chineses, could someone explain?! Whenever you go to a normal Chinese or Indian and get lovely fresh-cooked food, you always end up with far more than you can eat anyway... Unless you're a real greedy bastard!

Can't remember it's name but there is an eat as much as you like Chinese at the top of Boundary Road where you actually order off the menu but can do so as many times as you like. Pretty good. Also there are very few places that don't pre-cook something ( unless you're paying top notch prices ).

*** Edit - it's just come back to me - Oriental Village ! ***

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

There is a Chinese all you can eat in our town, the time I ate there it pretty much put me off Chinese food for life...it reminded me of one of the 7 deadly sins, namely 'gluttony'...it was full of people stuffing their faces like food was going out of fashion...people pretty much fighting with each other to get to what was on offer...a really nasty experience.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is a good Thai restaurant in Bath Place in Worthing that does a lunchtime buffet of about 6 different dishes eat as much as you like for , I think it is £4.99, very good value and very good food. It is opposite the old snooker hall.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

I agree that it's rare that you finish everything you are served when ordering off the menu at any half decent Chinese or Indian BUT for me the appeal of the all you can eat buffet places is when you're really feeling bad and just want to gorge on mountains of deep fried starters.

When you're ordering off the menu you'd feel far too guilty saying "I'll have two onion bhaji's, two meat samosa's, a chicken pakora, raami kebab, some sauce and a bit of bread to mop it all up"

I mean don't get me wrong, nine times out of ten I want to have a starter and a main with all the sides BUT every now and then you just want to go mental and at a buffet nobody stops you from piling your plate with spring rolls time and again.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Can't remember it's name but there is an eat as much as you like Chinese at the top of Boundary Road where you actually order off the menu but can do so as many times as you like. Pretty good. Also there are very few places that don't pre-cook something ( unless you're paying top notch prices ).

There's one at the Hove end of Western Road too, Jade something I think. And in fairness their off the menu nosh wasn't too bad.

I think the genius of that system is that you still have to wait between sessions of ordering so you gradually start to notice how full you are as opposed to in a buffet where you are steaming through everything on your plate in an effort to get another round in. If you gave it time to register in the stomach you wouldn't eat half as much

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Wokmania is filthy with disgusting gloop masquerading as an oriental buffet. Been twice - never again. If you want a self-select Buffet then go to Days or Buffet Island in York Place.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I went there last sunday, (7th feb), I found the food ok, but I thought the staff were a bit rude. We had to ask fo our bill 3 times. I wouldnt choose to go there again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isn't this where our superstars such as Dickinson dine?

Agree though, would never really go to a 'buffet' rather go to one where you can choose off the menu, like the one in Portslade or China Palace in Worthing etcetc

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Oriental Village is the biz and not because it's all-you-can-eat. The food is v.good quality IMO, and the ordering means you can try as many different dishes as you want. Have been there many times - always good.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wokmania is revolting - been there once, never again.

Disagree about Indian buffets though - they can be top-notch (although the one in Ship St isn't).

There's great one in Bloomsbury that I go to when I'm in London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here