Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T trouble in Brighton

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
has anyone else had any trouble in Brighton recently?
I moved here 4-5 years ago from the midlands and felt perfectly safe in Brighton. In the last 5 weeks:

1) I was quite badly assaulted by 12 - 15 kids in Preston park on a Friday niight, I reckon 2 of them were old enough to drink, the rest 15 - 17 year olds though several of them much bigger than me and obviously up for kicking the shit out of someone. They also gave my girlfriend a few kicks. f*** all i could do cos lying on the floor, glassed smashed,pitch black, couldnt see, eye surgery, night in hospital.................
oh yeah and they took £3.50 off me

2) 2 weeks ago my mate got held against a wall in Queens Road at knife point and they took his wallet, gave him a slap. They did however give him his mini disk player back as it was crap and seeing what was playing on it

3) Yesterday another mate got followed into a pub by a couple of lads from a group of 7 after 'looking at us funny' and had a chair thrown at him resulting in a broken arm.

none of us are fighters or mouthy. I genuinely dont feel as safe in Brighton as I used to and am seriously considering moving out to somewhere quieter, Lewes/Rottingdean perhaps. Has it always been like this and I just havent noticed or have we just been unlucky recently?

PS anyone who lives near Preston Park, hopefully will have some petitions in local pubs/shops soon for better lighting/maybe CCTV in the park, pls sign it if you see one

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Live in Wtg where the sort of thing you described is common place......mate got seriously f**ked up for carrying a traffic cone home one night

In Brighton....never ever had a problem

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
sorry to hear about that mate. f*** i hate people like that SO MUCH.

i've generally been lucky in Brighton (i got hit by someone in a club but i was so off my face i didn't feel a thing) but that aggression is always around.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
maffew said:

PS anyone who lives near Preston Park, hopefully will have some petitions in local pubs/shops soon for better lighting/maybe CCTV in the park, pls sign it if you see one

This shit is happening in Preston Park ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's been gangs of twats hanging around PP for ages. Never seen them actually attack anyone though, we used ti have to tell them to f*** off occasionally but apart from that they didn't ever do anything.

That's coz we're ard though.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
yeah tell me about it. guess it happens most places. its just never had any trouble in Brighton in first 3 years plus, then in a few weeks it seems to have happened to a few of us, all non provoked. just wondering if people think it has got worse recently than before

Oct 20, 2004
:ohmy:

Hunt the little bas tards down and return the favour. :flameboun

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
There's been gangs of twats hanging around PP for ages. Never seen them actually attack anyone though, we used ti have to tell them to f*** off occasionally but apart from that they didn't ever do anything.

That's coz we're ard though.

most of them are little kids though, all they want is to get ya to buy Cider and ciggys from the unwins for them !!!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Never had any trouble in 25 years.

I find the secret is to look shadier than the the potential muggers.

Hoodee up.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Quiet right, looking shady keeps them away which is why most kids wear their hoods up nowadays, they act as shields.

It's a shame that most on here decided they do it because they are trouble makers.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I was attacked by a gang of Chavs a couple of weeks ago. Not too badly hurt but wasted an evening in casualty and down Hove police station giving a statement.

The police had my attackers in custody as they'd gone on a rampage. Apparently they're well known and are about to receive asbo's.

The worse thing is now I spend my time looking over my shoulder.

I used to receive a fairly regular kicking from the gang of oiks that hung around Conway Court in Hove circa 1992-94. I was once quite literaly kicked in to Hove General. They were all a year below me at school and felt taht 6 or so against 1 was fair and proved some kind of point. Last I heard one of them was in prison and another was a herion addict - Karma and all that!

I also remember being mugged at knifepoint in Churchill square when I was about 15/16 (12 years or so back) and being told that if we had been Foreign students we would have been 'cut up'.

Just goes to show it has always been around.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Quiet right, looking shady keeps them away which is why most kids wear their hoods up nowadays, they act as shields.

It's a shame that most on here decided they do it because they are trouble makers.

"My Hoodie is like a Shield Of Steel"

batfink.jpg

I too adopt this stance in Shoreham/Southwick on a cold autumns evening stroll home from the boozer...although i always have a walkman on so if they did come up behind me I wouldnt have a clue!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My housemate at uni was from near Highfield Road and he said Cov was rough.

The first week I lived in Hull someone broke into our place with syringes full of blood.

Then someone got killed in the pub at the end of the road.

Some women (former miss Hull, was all over the news) got murdered and stored in a cupboard near my house).

Its nice to be back in Sussex.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
We got the train to Cov to watch the Albion there and had the misfortune to walk through the Spond estate just outside the Centre. It was horrendous (full of drug addicts) and a definite case for speedwalking to the pub on our list we were heading for (Malt Shovel I think it was called, well rough but still in the beer guide for some reason).

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My housemate had his family home burgled numerous times by kids on the same street. Police said they couldnt do a thing.

In Hull a friend of mine was burgled and someone tried to sell him his own stuff back. When he went to the police they said they could not prove it was his. The guy was his neighbour.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
When I went to Uni we made the brilliant decision to drink in the local boozers and not the shit ones that all the idiot stoodents were in.

Result? First crimbo away from our houses all of the street got robbed apart from 3, the ones that me and the dudes lived in.

SCORE!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here