Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t tesco job application form

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
my lad wants a part time job at tesco's. he's got an application form with a psychometric choice of answers. this is his third attempt to fill it in as the questions/statements ask you to put down your least often and most often response to them.
e.g. 1. i am the the sort of person who...
a) gives support to other people L M
b) negotiates with others L M
c) is able to problem solve L M
d) speaks clearly L M

has anyone else seen this sort of crap ????

your input greatfully accepted ;)

E

enigma

Yeah u get this sort of stuff on graduate assesment centres a lot. Waste of time mate.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Whole point with psychometric is that there is no wrong answer. He should just put down what is most true.

However, if he is going for a checkout job speaking clearly is something he wont want to put as a least. I'd put "give support to others" as you dont really need to support other if you are on a till, the others could be applied to a staff-customer situation.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Whole point with psychometric is that there is no wrong answer. He should just put down what is most true.

However, if he is going for a checkout job speaking clearly is something he wont want to put as a least. I'd put "give support to others" as you dont really need to support other if you are on a till, the others could be applied to a staff-customer situation.

he's done that on the last two application forms and got turned down. he only wants to stack shelves ffs

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
these tests are so un-personal. They add up the scores at the end of the test, and whatever score you get goes some way to their final decision.

I did one once, for a job I got, but the isometric test result was terrible, it suggested that I didn't understand the questions. But I got the job because the interviewer had made his mind up about me, not a test result, where, as was correclty pointed out, there are no wrong answers.

Tell him to try Sainsburys

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Dont understand the questions - whats that LM all about?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Least and most.

I have done one at my place and was surpisingly accurate, as long as you answer without thinking whatr the answer should be, but how you relate to it most!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
i like superphils answer the most and the northstanders the least :jester:

seriously, thanks one and all :clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Northstander said:
Least and most.

I have done one at my place and was surpisingly accurate, as long as you answer without thinking whatr the answer should be, but how you relate to it most!

the women presenting the results got my personality and manner to near 100%, I have also learnt from it on areas I need to develop!

:clap:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
So why wouldn't you say M to all of them?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
As you go through the questions, it filters down, if someone answered mostly on all questions you would not get a valuation.

You'll have two questions, each similar to each other, they determine how you perform at work.

Works out on mine and it is right, I am an activist. I get asked to do a new tasj and do not need to be asked twice, I just get on with it. You also have theorists who like to know the full facts and reasoning why they are being told do to something.

I also like harmony on my teams I manage and try to avoidd conflict if I can. One of my colleagues was told they are a dominator...in that it's his way or the highway if you know what I mean.

They are really good if answered appropriately!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
hampden park said:
he's done that on the last two application forms and got turned down. he only wants to stack shelves ffs

Which Tesco?
If it's convenient travel-wise try Boundary Road. They are always desperate and will take him in a second.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The Northstander said:
As you go through the questions, it filters down, if someone answered mostly on all questions you would not get a valuation.

You'll have two questions, each similar to each other, they determine how you perform at work.

Works out on mine and it is right, I am an activist. I get asked to do a new tasj and do not need to be asked twice, I just get on with it. You also have theorists who like to know the full facts and reasoning why they are being told do to something.

I also like harmony on my teams I manage and try to avoidd conflict if I can. One of my colleagues was told they are a dominator...in that it's his way or the highway if you know what I mean.

They are really good if answered appropriately!

Can see how its useful in that context, but if you're trying to impress to get a job then it wouldn't take much to sway the answers in your favour

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Does admittedly seem strange to use them for an interview to be fair!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Rangdo said:
Which Tesco?
If it's convenient travel-wise try Boundary Road. They are always desperate and will take him in a second.
thanks Rangdo but its in brum :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here