Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Superdry shoppers research

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Whenever I see someone with an item emblazoned thus I always think it is advertising a brand of nappies. "Some people would wear a dog turd round their neck on a chain if they were told it was fashionable" to misquote Basil Fawlty.

Hope your daughter's survey is a success tho'.

You ALWAYS think of nappies, have you a fetish?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Of further interest would be shop presence versus online, international expansion via owned & franchise outlets, competion of other brands & how choices are made & how they are sneaking unnoticed into the children's zone by going beyond small to xtra small and XXS to 10 years old sizes without admitting it or comprising the adult only image

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I revealed I own a Superdry jacket on here some time ago and it caused outrage. I am certainly neither a chav nor a sheep. It is a black water/wind proof lightweight jacket I was given after doing some work for them that I wear sometimes when it's a bit drizzly and I'm out for a walk. It's certainly an improvement on the North Face crap worn by graphic designers and Regatta mother's who go camping once a decade. I would also suggest that turning one's nose up at something because of a perceived image is more the behaviour of a sheep than ownership of a Superdry jacket. Anyway, I heard somewhere they are going bust so you won't have to suffer other people's clothing choices for much longer you delicate little flowers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Poor summary, Julian D and his colleague added Superdry to their other brands after visiting Japan.
Cult was never a brand but a shop title that had a number of separate & distinct brands within and only after Superdry became overwhelmingly the dominant force was a 'reverse takeover' finalised

In fact the company name is Supergroup not Superdry (nb tipped by yours truly last year in the financial spread betting thread @ £5.94 currently £16.60)

I've done work with Supergroup in the past, hence having a bit of knowledge, didn't think they "added" the brand, I thought it was a wholly conceived brand by Supergroup. Oh well, they bought some of my signs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here