NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I have to assume the people joking around don't know either :lol:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Thanks to the people making helpful comments. I quote my first post;

"PS. I *know* Starbucks is expensive/overpriced/pretentious etc etc etc, just humour me."

This isn't about my love of Starbucks or any other coffee shop, this is about getting through the next few hours appearing I totally know what I'm doing in there, and can order something as if I've ordered it a hundred times before, and appearing that I'm really cool while doing it..

If I just order a standard filter coffee the game is up, i could do that in a greasy spoon, but i also don't want to get anything which isn't real coffee like one of those frozen iced ones..

I like strong black coffee.. but I want to order it maybe with extra stuff..

I was right to feel intimidated - its like a club of people who know what they're doing, what are us normal people supposed to do!!!

You sound a little bit too paranoid and insecure to me, you're not meeting the queen, you're just ordering a coffee.

Don't feel awkward because you don't know how you are supposed to order a coffee that takes 2 mins to say / whether they bring it over or not etc etc..

If anything I think it's a much better reflection on you that you don't know.

And another thing- people looked cool calm confident and collected in all sorts of scenario's along time before starbucks came along.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Have a Latte, but ask for an extra shot (because Starbucks coffee is quite weak) and ask for extra hot. The extra hot part is especially important as part of Starbucks business plan seems to be to serve lukewarm coffee to get people drinking it and out of their chairs as soon as possible.

Oh, and as it's the first time, prepare to have and previous ideas as to the worth of a price of coffee blown out of the water. Apparently £2.50 is reasonable!

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Just Ask for an Americano (its black coffee).

When did we start buying coffee by the pint and when did it suddenly become so expensive.:thud:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I used to work in a coffee shop and one of my least favourite customer comments was when I asked someone who ordered an Americano if they had it black or white and they smugly replied "it's not an Americano if it's white". Grrrr.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I go for Amercano but do ask for a little WARM milk, otherwise you get a luke warm coffee, forget Starbucks if you want to taste the coffee, I recommend Cafe Nero or Coffee Republic who serve a double shot as standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here