Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/t Rant- If You Are Fat Its Your Own Fault!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I raise this issue on the back of some TV prog on BBC1 last night that focussed on the nations increasing problem with obesity.

One of the stories focussed on a schoolkid who was so overweight that he was bullied at school and subsequently his parents elected to teach him from home. In addition they sought help from the NHS to 'help him' and were "disgusted" that they had to personally shell out £2000 of their own money to send him on a residential course to address his eating habits.

Fecking hell:censored: Eat less you lardy bastard and exercise more! More importantly the parents should lead by example as they were hardly anorexic!

Trying to blame the food industry is also a non starter, as is the suggestion of taxing fatty foods.

Lets just tax fat people instead!:clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Got to agree with that although nowadaysI feel it is very much down to the parent to make sure their kids are eating properly and not feed them fat filled meals. If they eat healthily from an early age they will carry that into later life.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Got to agree with that although nowadaysI feel it is very much down to the parent to make sure their kids are eating properly and not feed them fat filled meals. If they eat healthily from an early age they will carry that into later life.

Totally. For every overweight child, there's at least one overweight parent. There really is no excuse for obesity in children.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Quite agree. Sick of fat whales sitting on their fat arses going on about " it's not mah problem, it's society's problem " - no it isn't! Society doesn't eat half a cow for elevenses!

That programme about Houston, Texas (the fattest city in USA) was a prime example of this

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I suppose some people do put on weight easier than others but if they do don't eat as much crap, You can hear them moaning now i'm over weight blah blah blah just as they are leaving McDonalds after scoffing a fat burger and fries.

It's not McDonalds fault they didn't force you into their takeaway and make you hand over the money.

Having said that i eat a right load of cr@p and yet am still skinny.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Goring Gull said:

Having said that i eat a right load of cr@p and yet am still skinny.

same here GG, I can eat for England if I need too but can I put weight on? hell no!
Speaking of which its time for a trip to forfars for a bacon & chicken mayo roll!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
eating habits are a habit though :jester:

What I mean is that as Chappers puts; if they're grown up eatting too much then it is more than likely they'll eat too much when older. That coupled with no exercise and tele watching = Stop....Blubber time.

Not saying it's an excuse but it is a life-style change that is needed and that could be much harder than a skinny person to realise. Plus some people LOVE food and would marry it if they could (happy to be fat).

bit like smokers who enjoy it and don't want to give up.

.....have I crossed the rant line yet?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I eat LARD, so I accept the fact that I'm a fat bastard. Its my own fault. Nobody forces the LARD down me, its my choice. Without golf, I would probably be bordering on Soames-type proportions by now. And I am already drawing unfavourable comparisons to Chris Moyles, from Tom Hark. Damaging and hurtful, but perhaps its the "WAKE UP" call I need....

Now, where's my egg & chip buttie. ;)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is this an April Fool's thread ? Thought so.

Granted many fat people are so built thanks to bad diet and lack of exercise but why do they act in the way that they do ?

How many people really want to be fat ? Most fat people comfort eat in the same way as others drink or use recreational drugs (or smoke come to that).

There's the cost of healthy food too. Why does brown rice cost more than white rice ? It's had less processing. Why do I pay more for a soft drink that I would for beer in a pub ? Low fat foods cost more. What do you get offered fast food wise that's healthy ? (Salad is expensive for what it is).

Wait until you get to my age. Your metabolism slows down as you grow older and I have to constantly watch what I eat.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Wait until you get to my age. Your metabolism slows down as you grow older and I have to constantly watch what I eat.

Really?

Is it like watching paint dry or grass grow or does it actually do something? like a sausage doing a backflip or simular!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Hah, you ain't so young yerself Crabbers :lolol: :lolol:

it was a quick witted response was'nt it! I appear to be on fire today and yes 27 on Sat :eek:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I have a simple philosophy on obese people, they have either

A) Cake Retention

B) Lard Retention

As opposed to their excuses i.e Water Retention, Big Bones etc.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't eat cake, or lard or drink ? Discuss.

G

Well I'm going to stick up for people with thyroid problems, like me. In the year since I had my treatment I have lost over two stone, without trying to lose weight at all.

My kids have also been brought up on 'adult' food since they were small & now shun kids menues when we go out, they would much rather have meat & two veg than chicken nuggets.

That said, I just can't understand why people can't or won't do anything about being so overweight.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
This is just an example of how we seek to simplify what is in reality a very complicated issue.

Everything in life is shades of grey, where as a majority of people only seem to be able to deal with black and white.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Padders said:
This is just an example of how we seek to simplify what is in reality a very complicated issue.

Everything in life is shades of grey, where as a majority of people only seem to be able to deal with black and white.

Whilst the essential issue is seeking the reasons why people over eat the angle i was really addressing was the habit of looking for an easy option blame.

Emilys' Mum: Please note that obvious exceptions were those with recognised medical conditions.

BHA Express- Your comment about age and metabolism are valid but it still essentially about making choices accordingly. In my mid 30's i suddenly noticed that the waist line andf pot belly were growing. Susequently i know watch more carefully what i eat and try to get to the gym at least twice a week.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I used to work with this girl that said being fat made her unhappy and she was considering having liposuction.

This same girl used to take the lift rather than walk two flights of stairs to the part of the building where we worked, and used to drive to the shop to get her lunch rather than make the 10 minute walk!:nono: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here