DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Coconut, followed by orange creme, followed by long toffee one

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I too get sick of these companies fiddling about with successful products - the latest confectionary change I'm p****d of about are those large family Cadbury's bags of milk/nut/fruit & nut chocolates that (inexplicably) you can only buy in the Duty Free shops at airports - they've changed the shapes of the chocolates, and they are now smaller too (surprise surprise). There was nothing wrong with the originals. I won't buy them now, and have written to tell them so, and why!

Back to Quality Street. Yes, either the purple hazelnut-and-chocolate ones, or the toffee pennies - which, when I were a lad, you could a bag of from sweet shops (when they had jars of sweets on the shelves behind the counter - gobstoppers, bon-bons, etc).

For anyone who loves the toffee pennies as much as I do, and still laments that you can no longer go into a Woolworths to grab a load from the pic'n'mx, you can buy them from this company (If anything, they are even nicer than the originals!):

http://www.dutchtaste.com/orfina-butter-toffees-p-1151.html

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I didn't realise that we had so many wronguns as members. Moderating this board is tough enough sometimes without having to cope with people who entertain the thought, even for a second, that anything other than the purple one is clearly the best. It's enough to make a grown man weep.
I've long suspected the cult of the 'purple one' are like fervent Donald Trump supporters, vocal enough that some could be convinced that they're in the majority despite it not really being the case...

Essentially, you're wrong 'uns!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Chocolate starfish.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If I was in charge I'd go right back to that 80s one and then double the price. People want to be fat pigs at Christmas and would probably be willing to pay more to get more.

They'd make a killing.

This.

Sell two versions the 80's version for £10 and the modern (funsize) version for £4/5.

By trying to maintain the price point they have removed the VFM.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I too get sick of these companies fiddling about with successful products - the latest confectionary change I'm p****d of about are those large family Cadbury's bags of milk/nut/fruit & nut chocolates that (inexplicably) you can only buy in the Duty Free shops at airports - they've changed the shapes of the chocolates, and they are now smaller too (surprise surprise). There was nothing wrong with the originals. I won't buy them now, and have written to tell them so, and why!

Back to Quality Street. Yes, either the purple hazelnut-and-chocolate ones, or the toffee pennies - which, when I were a lad, you could a bag of from sweet shops (when they had jars of sweets on the shelves behind the counter - gobstoppers, bon-bons, etc).

For anyone who loves the toffee pennies as much as I do, and still laments that you can no longer go into a Woolworths to grab a load from the pic'n'mx, you can buy them from this company (If anything, they are even nicer than the originals!):

http://www.dutchtaste.com/orfina-butter-toffees-p-1151.html

On the subject of fiddling with successful products, may I add Bassets Liquorice Allsorts. Renamed Maynard Bassets, smaller bags and rarely including the plain liquorice any more. Bought 4 bags in a row with none in them at all! I've switched to Taveners now - more variety, fresher tasting and plentiful plain liquorice plus cheaper. I know, probably made by the same people, yet better in every way. Incidentally, is Berty now Berty Maynard Basset???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here