Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Off to the Olympics tomorrow

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Hello all,

Was lucky enough to win tickets for the Olympics Athletics for tomorrow evening, very excited. Was just wondering from those who have gone if people have any advice- best station to go to/ back ( from Eastbourne ), is it worth me getting there a lot beforehand etc

Really looking forward to it

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Can you get through to St Pancras? I' m going today an have been advised to go direct to thee from Brighton then get the javelin

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Hello all,

Was lucky enough to win tickets for the Olympics Athletics for tomorrow evening, very excited. Was just wondering from those who have gone if people have any advice- best station to go to/ back ( from Eastbourne ), is it worth me getting there a lot beforehand etc

Really looking forward to it

I went to athletics last night and little tip for you. They will be encoraging you to go to and from West Ham station which we noticed on the way in gets pretty busy with a queing system.

On the way/ road in from west ham station to the stadium look for a little street sign that says 'Abbey Road', it points behind some portaloos where there are some steps down to a path.

On the way back if you go down there, turn right and walk along abbey road for about 10mins there is a little DLR station called 'Abbey Road' (if its like last night there will be nobody there). Get that and change at either west ham or canning town for jubilee line. You should get straight on a train and bypass the crowds.

Other than that have a great time and if its anything like last night it will be an unforgetable experience.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
is it worth me getting there a lot beforehand etc

I'd get to the park in the afternoon, spend a couple of hours exploring, then watch action on the big screen before going to the stadium an hour before the event so you can soak up the atmosphere.

To be honest, you should be leaving now. ;-)

Oh, and I'd go via St Pancras. Javelin is very high capacity.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'd get to the park in the afternoon, spend a couple of hours exploring, then watch action on the big screen before going to the stadium an hour before the event so you can soak up the atmosphere.

Absolutely this. Spend the whole day there if you can, but certainly the afternoon.

I didn't appreciate until I got there just how ENORMOUS the park is (some of the stadiums are a good 20 minute walk even once you're inside the park, particularly when it's crowded). The big screens are great too... and if you want to buy anything from the "Megastore" that could take up a bit of your time...

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Thanks a lot

We are going to leave in the morning and make a day of it :)

Am in block 210 of the Olympic Stadium, cannot wait, only received the tickets on Friday evening so all rushed in the planning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here