Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is actually simple. My ex-neighbour - an accomplished pianist - showed me how. You take the front off - and the music part (all the wires, dampers, and hammers) is all in one piece, and attched with simple clips. This is the part that you need to take real care of. We wrapped ours in blankets and carried it on the backseat of the car.

I don't know what moving firms charge but it was really very simple. I put it back together myself at the other end. It willbe worth taking the front off the piano and having a look.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
pianomoverseb7.jpg

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dick Knights Mumm said:
It is actually simple. My ex-neighbour - an accomplished pianist - showed me how. You take the front off - and the music part (all the wires, dampers, and hammers) is all in one piece, and attched with simple clips. This is the part that you need to take real care of. We wrapped ours in blankets and carried it on the backseat of the car.

I don't know what moving firms charge but it was really very simple. I put it back together myself at the other end. It willbe worth taking the front off the piano and having a look.

Blimey - thats a bit brave! :clap: You do realize that each string has (230 odd) has about 180 pounds of tension? and that removing tha action (hammers etc.) will ensure that the alingnment is out - no doubt! I'm assuming the tuner has been in to tune it?

and I'd probably add that the method DKM is talking about is for uprights, anyone tried that that on my grand and I'd probably faint!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Thanks for the info guys - I don't think I'll be taking my piano apart, even though it is only an upright. The trouble is that it is iron framed, and so its weight is, as my Grandad so delicately put it, "bloody heavy", and I live in a first floor flat.

I tried that http://www.pianologistics.co.uk/ site, and they've quoted £270. So I'll try a couple more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here