Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Laptop flash player help.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
My laptop has stopped playing videos, ive downloaded the latest flash player and restarted the laptop but still nothing. What should i try next?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Empty the cache is a good start, disable your anti virus to see if it works too (re-enable it after!)... you may have to look into your anti virus settings.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Empty the cache is a good start, disable your anti virus to see if it works too (re-enable it after!)... you may have to look into your anti virus settings.

My 2p worth - I'm on Chrome and for some reason a few months a go, it stopped playing videos on the BBC site. A quick Google on their forums and I was deluged with the cache/browser/emptying suggestions. I don't know what the cache does particularly or why it would stop videos working, but before mucking around with anti-virus bits and bobs, I'd definitely start there.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Easier to copy than explain about caching on a PC...

Each time you visit a Web site, your browser is capable of storing a copy of the pages you visit on your hard drive. This is called "caching." Most browsers, by default, store these pages automatically. The reason they store the pages on your hard drive is that, in theory, when you revisit a Web site, the page on that site will load faster if it is called up from your local machine rather than waiting for the page from the server.

The problem with this process is that if you are looking at a "cached" page from your local machine, you will not see the most recent version of the page. If the page has changed since your last visit, you won't see the changes. Also, caching can interfere with filling out forms on Web sites.

Therefore, a good practice is to make sure your browser is set up to "never" store pages and always retrieve the newest page from the Web server. Here is how to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here