Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Kanye West and Talib Kweli at Brixton...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've just got back from the Brixton Academy after having seen this gig and f*** me were they good. Talib was awesome on stage, loads of phenomenal rhymes and some massive beats.

Kanye is a superstar in the making - whilst he wasn't on for long it was clear that his material is of the highest quality. There are simply no fillers in his repertoire, each and every track was a crowd pleaser. The encore of "Get Up" followed by "Jesus Walks" was absolutely brilliant, whilst my personal favourite was his build up to "Kanye's Workout Plan" with him warming up all over the stage. He even took the time for some freestyling over the new Snoop song. Loads of stage presence, and some of the mightiest scratching I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing from his dj: 'A Track'? Massive buzz afterwards in the street and altogether a wonderful experience.

If you haven't already, I urge you to give "The College Dropout" a listen or a buy - it's magnficent.

Gomez and The Koreans on Monday, can't wait.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I went to the same gig on Monday night at the Academy, and I totally agree with everything said here, it was an awesome gig, helped by the fact that Brixton is THE best music venue in Britain.

Brilliant atmosphere that just built and built throught the night as Talib got the crowd well and truly warmed up with some quality tracks, before Kanye came on and delivered a superb set that brought the house down.

Even if this type of music ain't usually your cup of tea, give College Dropout a try.

:)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Damn - He's got A-Trak scratching for him?

A-Trak is awesome. He won DMC Championships when he was 17!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
a-trak.jpg

Definately, a DOPE deejay.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
i went on monday, it was AWESOME.

they said that dj had won DMC FIVE times, he only looked about 15 from where i was!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Good to know there are a few like-minded people on here!

I hadn't heard of A-Trak before, but I'm definitely on the look out for him now. He was great.

Altogether a top night out.

Raphael Meade said:
the koreans are wicked.

I've only heard 'Still Strung Out'. Any of their other stuff any good?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here