Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - iPod help

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I couldnt be arsed with the remote - and I thought the ear pieces were crap anyway. Got myself some sony ones.... odds of mugging: greatly reduced. Sound quality (particularly bass): massively improved!

For the record, I got a 15gig one from Malaya ( my mum was out there). It was the only one she could pick up (i wanted a 40gig) but it only cost about £100!!!

GOAL!!!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Who knows what about old iPods?

I'm gonna get the mini iPod when it comes out (or should I buy it from the States now.....Wozza?)

I've got a crappy ish old computer and not sure if iTunes will work...Windows 2000 (I think, hope it's not 95 else don't think it'll work). I brought my computer in 99 so think it could be. Plus is the USB 2.0 what I've got or was there an earlier version? Couldn't find the spec when I looked at it's properties.

Think I'll have to buy a computer if I want a Mini iPod or could just borrow the laptop from work and work from home a lot more :lol:

They look good though, what! Silver or blue flavour????

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Im pretty sure itunes works with windows 2000.

I had 98 but had to upgrade.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Vinyl Richie said:
I'm gonna get the mini iPod when it comes out (or should I buy it from the States now.....Wozza?)

Well it costs the equivilent to £135 in the US right now... and it ain't gonna be cheaper when it's released here that's for sure.

I've got a crappy ish old computer and not sure if iTunes will work...Windows 2000 (I think, hope it's not 95 else don't think it'll work). I brought my computer in 99 so think it could be.

You probably have 98 - or ME. Neither are good enough.

Plus is the USB 2.0 what I've got or was there an earlier version?
Couldn't find the spec when I looked at it's properties.

If properties just says USB then you have USB 1. Again, not good enough. Denied!

They look good though, what! Silver or blue flavour????

That's a question I'm wrestling with. :lolol:

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Wozza said:
Well it costs the equivilent to £135 in the US right now... and it ain't gonna be cheaper when it's released here that's for sure.

Do they still work the same...nice

You probably have 98 - or ME. Neither are good enough.

Nit

If properties just says USB then you have USB 1. Again, not good enough. Denied!

Ah nit

Looks like a new PC then....damn how long till christmas?

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Definitely buy it from the states if you can get it. I got mine for £140 including sales tax as a mate was over there.

The best thing about the mini ipod is it looks sooooo cool. I've got a silver one.

You can buy a fiewire card for about 20 quid and plug it in a PCI slot and you get a firewire lead with the mini ipod so thats your best bet and saves having to buy a new PC.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I use AAC format, since I got iTunes, it seems to be better than the MP3 converter that orginally came with my 15MB ipod. Better sound, no drop outs.

Also, it's well worth getting a firewire card, I have one in my PC and a PCMCIA card one for my laptop, it is a lot quicker.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Superphil said:
I use AAC format, since I got iTunes, it seems to be better than the MP3 converter that orginally came with my 15MB ipod. Better sound, no drop outs.

'm just using the disc that came with mine - does that not convert the files to AAC automatically?

If not - ARSE!

By the way - you can use an older USB port - it just takes longer.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yep, its quite handy having the choice straight out of the box. Quite handy even just for charging the battery as I don't have a power supply as its got a US plug on it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't be arsed with this - still using my Sony Minidisc after a few good years service.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I purchased a 20gb Ipod last year after reading all the stuff on here. Absolutley marvellous machine.
I have now got 2456 songs on it, with at least that again left in space.
Dont hesitate to buy one, they are brilliant.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
cheeserolls holiday baggage

Attachments

• imga0358.jpg
    imga0358.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 24

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here