Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] o/t Invisalign - anyone used them?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I hope NSC will forgive me for being totally off topic, but I'm thinking of having my old nashers straightened. I hear that Invisalign is a pretty decent system. Has anyone had any experience. Particularly anyone who is in their middle (prime?) years. I'd love to hear if it worked and anything about the process before I commit what seems to be quite a lot of cash to this adventure. Thank you.

(Mods: move this off The Big Board if that would be more appropriate)

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wife just finished hers. Only took 8 months. A lot of money but the transformation is astonishing. She’s just annoyed she didn’t do it years ago (she’s 42).

When I look at the ‘before’ photo now I am stunned that I ever agreed to marry her.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wife just finished hers. Only took 8 months. A lot of money but the transformation is astonishing. She’s just annoyed she didn’t do it years ago (she’s 42).

When I look at the ‘before’ photo now I am stunned that I ever agreed to marry her.
You're clearly a big hearted fellow. I can't rely on my wife being so generous!

Ailema

Oct 26, 2022
Yes, took around a year, and cost roughly £2,800 for just the top set. Would be more for the bottom set too, I'm assuming. It's a REAL faff at first, as obviously anything you eat they need to come out for. Drinking, I kept them in for everything, including beer, wine, tea and coffee. After you finish the main treatment, you are looking at wearing a retainer at night for life. Happy to recommend my ortho in Haywards Heath who was an ex max-fax consultant and is lovely.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I finished my course back in February this year after 62 weeks of wearing them and thoroughly recommend it.
I had one tooth at the top that had been pushed back behind my bottom teeth since I was a teenager and I couldn't see how it would work but it did very quickly.
I was 56 when I started it.
It cost me BR 10,000 which was around £1,400 at the time.
Edit to say that was for top and bottom teeth.

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
If you can afford it, I'd definitely go for it. I was in my 50's when I started and it took about 2 years of wearing them but the results were dramatic. As previously mentioned, the only downside is having to use night time retainer(s) to prevent the teeth from moving back to their previous alignment after the treatment is complete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here