Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T In Car Camera Fitting

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I must admit these are a good idea and would be good to see insurers helping out those that have them in terms of discount a bit more.

Some bloke on my Facebook just seems to upload videos from his though, of idiot drivers,
so don't do that as it gets a bit annoying

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
So where does it stop? People fitting camera to their coats/jackets just in case someone tries to pick their pocket?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So where does it stop? People fitting camera to their coats/jackets just in case someone tries to pick their pocket?

What on earth would be wrong with that ? Don't do the crime and you won't have to do the time.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are the thousands of CCTV camera not sufficient then?
Says a lot about someone I feel, install those monstrosities into a vehicle! Must be a very insecure person to want to go to the police over a minor road rage incident!
As for fraud, yes there is an increase. But surely between the DVLA and the various insurance companies around they can make sure and enforce that every driver is legally covered? Why try to be some sort of vigilante?

Good grief. You really do have issues don't you. I shouldn't bother responding to you as my original question has little to do with your rantings but here goes.

There are many reasons for fitting cameras in cars, not just evidence collecting in case of road rage but also in accident situations, staged or genuine. That's why insurers increasingly see them as a good idea. They also encourage better driving which is why fleet managers are increasingly fitting them. Given you are obviously a perfect driver who will never cause or be involved in an accident then this will if course be of no interest to you. To the rest of us mere mortals it is a consideration.

Road rage - I referred to an incident which you, without any knowledge of what went on have decided was "minor" and appears to be my fault. Presumably psychic as well as angry.

And now I am a "vigilante"and the cameras are "monstrosities". Have you ever had an intelligent, considered thought in your life because you are not showing any evidence of that here.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Good grief. You really do have issues don't you. I shouldn't bother responding to you as my original question has little to do with your rantings but here goes.

There are many reasons for fitting cameras in cars, not just evidence collecting in case of road rage but also in accident situations, staged or genuine. That's why insurers increasingly see them as a good idea. They also encourage better driving which is why fleet managers are increasingly fitting them. Given you are obviously a perfect driver who will never cause or be involved in an accident then this will if course be of no interest to you. To the rest of us mere mortals it is a consideration.

Road rage - I referred to an incident which you, without any knowledge of what went on have decided was "minor" and appears to be my fault. Presumably psychic as well as angry.

And now I am a "vigilante"and the cameras are "monstrosities". Have you ever had an intelligent, considered thought in your life because you are not showing any evidence of that here.

For what it is worth, I have been on both ends of road rage incidents, and by no means the perfect driver. But people don't tend to react to a situation for no reason.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Might I suggest reading might be a good skill for you to grasp ?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Ohh cutting...
Installing cameras because somebody gave you the :tosser: sign or gave you the bird?? Ohh please! Drive properly, don't upset people and it wont happen will it...?
I cant imagine for one second that somebody would get road rage to the extent where you feel the need to fill your car with ugly looking cameras without good reason.

I drive in central london on a regular basis where there is a frequent urge to get out of the car and lamp the bloody cyclists or taxi drivers, but the art is to rise above it.

Let's hope you're never involved with a hit-and-run and fail to get the other person's number plate down in time, or if someone reverses into you and claims you hit them...not that hard to see why people want to fit a camera in their car.

In Russia you get a reduction in your premium if you install them. Should be the same in the UK I think.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

The police are starting to have cameras on them, I gather. Not seen one, I presume it's on the helmet. They'll be starting to look like Robocop

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If someone wants to get angry with me because I'm not interested in racing through Sayers Common at an illegal speed then it's them not me that needs the driving lessons. Not sure if you were being serious but in my experience it's normally the crap drivers who can't control their tempers on the road.

I'm being deadly serious. If you honestly believe that your driving is fine then you need to hit up the gym and the steroids, next time someone has a go at you for driving too slow you'll get so angry that you'll want to cave their skull in with your bare hands. You just have to hope they don't have a camera filming the whole thing :thumbsup:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Anybody use an in car camera and have any recommendations for fitters? I'm thinking of having miwitness cameras fitted front and rear but don't fancy doing the electrics myself.

either you are into dogging or cannot reverse?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The police are starting to have cameras on them, I gather. Not seen one, I presume it's on the helmet. They'll be starting to look like Robocop

I think you're confusing the police with daleks.

The body worn video is on the chest :
c680edb248e655367e428126d92a803d.jpg

we had a demonstration of it a couple of years ago, the officers testing it seemed to think it was a very useful tool.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm being deadly serious. If you honestly believe that your driving is fine then you need to hit up the gym and the steroids, next time someone has a go at you for driving too slow you'll get so angry that you'll want to cave their skull in with your bare hands. You just have to hope they don't have a camera filming the whole thing :thumbsup:

I'll take your advice. Will update on results when inside :cheers::cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here