Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Google AdWords

I need to start advertising my new business - has anyone on here used Google AdWords?
Any good?
What's a reasonable amount to pay per click?
Any other suggestions - I need to target people in UK looking to buy property here in Spain - probably people looking to live here permanently rather than those looking for a holiday home.
I need to direct people to my new website http://www.extremacasa.com
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Cadiz Seagull said:
I need to start advertising my new business - has anyone on here used Google AdWords?
Any good?
What's a reasonable amount to pay per click?
Any other suggestions - I need to target people in UK looking to buy property here in Spain - probably people looking to live here permanently rather than those looking for a holiday home.
I need to direct people to my new website http://www.extremacasa.com
Thanks in advance for the advice!

That link doesn't work so would not direct them to it. :lolol:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Friend of mine has - says they're excellent.

Not sure of all the details - but he was overwhelmed with the new business coming his way.

Last edited:

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
I use it all the time.The cost depends entirely on which key words you want to bid for, and their popularity. For example, "brighton" costs around 22p for each click, while "sussex university" costs around £2.50. So it takes a bit of practice to find wich keywords work for you.

I'd also reccommend getting Google Analytics for your site, which will give you a much better idea of which keywords are generating you the most money.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: o/t Google AdWords

Wardywonderland said:
That link doesn't work so would not direct them to it. :lolol:

works for me too, Cadiz

Hockley Blues said:
I use it all the time.The cost depends entirely on which key words you want to bid for, and their popularity. For example, "brighton" costs around 22p for each click, while "sussex university" costs around £2.50. So it takes a bit of practice to find wich keywords work for you.

I'd also reccommend getting Google Analytics for your site, which will give you a much better idea of which keywords are generating you the most money.

That seems a bit expensive to me. If I was running a business in Brighton I wouldn't pay 22p for Brighton, it's far too general. Only a miniscule proportion of people searching on that word would be interested in my business. And if it was something as specific as Sussex University surely this would get the right hits on Google's free search, no need to pay for it.

Thanks for the advice re Analytics; I will check it out

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Doesn't work for me.

Is this an only works in Internet Explorer website?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I use TopPosition.co.uk and come in No1 on all keywords (Google, Yahoo and all major search engines) currently costing 255 euros (£180) a month. I reckon this has generated an additional 300 customer enquiries a month.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
If its of any interest one of my ISP's have been taken over by Pipex and they are giving me a £50 voucher for Adwords.

No use to me if anyone wants to use it let me know, it can only be used on new accounts not existing ones.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here