Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t - getting a car scrapped in Brighton

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone know of anywhere I can get my old Nissan scrapped (preferably for no charge) in Brighton?

Cheers in advance.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Drive it through Peacehaven.....there's every chance i'll crash my van into it and it'll be a write off.......the insurance company will then scrap it for you, lol

macky

Dec 28, 2004
theres a bloke who adverises on gumtree
who wil take it for nothing

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I got a guy to take my old Orion a good few years back. All was quiet for a while then the police turned up on my doorstep asking if I was the owner of said Orion that was dumped in Brighton.

I told them that I had scrapped it and gave them the name of the company who had picked it up.

They then completely changed their tone and said that they had a lot of complaints about the owner of this company as he gets old scrap cars and dumps them outside his neighbour's house to piss them off :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If it's driveable, the scrappy in Newhaven will take it.

Scrap metal prices are high at the moment.....you should get at least 50 quid. And the scrap dealer will usually collect and still give you cash! Don't scrap it for free......

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Scrap metal prices are high at the moment.....you should get at least 50 quid. And the scrap dealer will usually collect and still give you cash! Don't scrap it for free......
Just look at the front of the Friady-Ad, there are usually 2 or 3 scrappies offering at least £50 for old cars. Alternatively put it in the Friday-Ad for Spares or Repairs. It's worth money.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you're not especially worried about getting £40 or £50 quid for it, contact your local firestation and see if they want to use it for RTA / cutting gear training :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here