Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T First trip to New Wembley

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I'm refusing to go to anything there until the Albion play there.

Wouldn't want my first experience of what is surely a stunning stadium to be ruined by second rate shit like our national team.

Same here
Would possibly go on a freebie but wouldn't go out of my way to watch England play these days
Watching Brighton at the New Wembley one day is going to be special

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Its my first time at wembley tonight also, sitting in block 501 right at the top... will I be needing to bring a raincoat or do you think i will be ok? Probably going to bring one anyway just in case!!

come on england!! :sheep:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've sat at the front row, top tier of Wembley when its pissed it down and not got wet so you should be OK.... getting to and from the stadium however.....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a magnificent stadium, and I don't see any value of depriving yourself of a trip there to see the national team. Seeing Brighton there would be very special, but it's two entirely different experiences.

I would say the recent Ghana match, only a friendly, was the best atmosphere (bar Euro 96) of any game I've seen there since a first visit in 1979, not to mention being a decent contest.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
being totally honest im not sure if brighton would get anywhere near filling it... it has a 90,000 capacity compared to the amex which has 22,000, and that isnt often full. i know it would be amazing and alot of people would go but... 90,000 is alot of people. nearly the whole of worthing going for some perspective!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
being totally honest im not sure if brighton would get anywhere near filling it... it has a 90,000 capacity compared to the amex which has 22,000, and that isnt often full. i know it would be amazing and alot of people would go but... 90,000 is alot of people. nearly the whole of worthing going for some perspective!!

Erm, when would Brighton get an allocation of 90,000, its normal for two teams to play at Wembley with two sets of fans.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would say the recent Ghana match, only a friendly, was the best atmosphere (bar Euro 96) of any game I've seen there since a first visit in 1979, not to mention being a decent contest.

I have been to three England games there, inc the Brazil game, and none have come anywhere near to the Amex atmosphere.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Erm, when would Brighton get an allocation of 90,000, its normal for two teams to play at Wembley with two sets of fans.

fair point, 45,000 is still alot and i dont think it would get filled. not trying to start a argument or anything, im just saying i dont think there would be that many brighton fans willing to make the trip up to london. would still be amazing though no doubt! in a way would rather win in a play off final than come top so we can make the trip up there!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
There is MAJOR DISRUPTION on the railway lines that go through London Bridge today (took 2 1/2 hours to get in fron Hassocks to Charing Cross this morning and they are not promising very much improvement until 4pm this afternoon) so best to avid First Clapt Out services if you can - take a southern tain into victoria and then get a tube to wembley park

Last edited:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
fair point, 45,000 is still alot and i dont think it would get filled. not trying to start a argument or anything, im just saying i dont think there would be that many brighton fans willing to make the trip up to london. would still be amazing though no doubt! in a way would rather win in a play off final than come top so we can make the trip up there!

Took over 30,000 last time we played there. Plenty of people will want to make the trip fs we ever got there

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'm going tonight but have not been since the Ukraine game a couple of years ago. Anybody know if it's still an alcohol-free stadium for us plebs? That was a nasty shock the first time I went. Watching England without a beer in you first? *shudder*

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Took over 30,000 last time we played there. Plenty of people will want to make the trip fs we ever got there

Was the 30k actually Cardiff, therefore more would make the short trip to Wembley imo.

Also that was in the Withdean years before we had nearly 20k season ticket holders (I've included those on the waiting list)

For the Sunderland and Gillingham games I reckon there were a good 5k non season ticket holders, maybe more.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If Brighton got to the play off final this year we'd fill our Wembley allocation easily, though that wouldn't mean 45k.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Although it's a longer walk (10mins) I found Wembley Central tube had hardly any queues either before or after when I went to the Ghana game. Line goes straight to Charing Cross.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Was the 30k actually Cardiff, therefore more would make the short trip to Wembley imo.

Also that was in the Withdean years before we had nearly 20k season ticket holders (I've included those on the waiting list)

For the Sunderland and Gillingham games I reckon there were a good 5k non season ticket holders, maybe more.

play off final in 1991 - we took 32,500

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
drinking around the stadium is heavily monitored and policed. wouldn't bother really if i were you. i'd get into the stadium first if i were you.

and pubs are quite a long walk from the stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here