Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T First trip to New Wembley

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Have managed to get two tickets for the England v Wales game on Tuesday and was wondering from anyone whose been to any England games on any advice they had in terms of best ways to get there etc?

I was initially looking at going to whole way there and back via train ( from Eastbourne ) there's a train back from Wembley central at 21.58, what are the chances of getting on a train from Wembley by then? otherwise I will have to take the last train which will get me in at 2.15am which I want to avoid!

Alternately am I better off driving up part the way? Anywhere people recommend?

Also what are the food prices etc like there?

Thanks

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Train is fine - usually a 1/2 hr to hr que as expected but they manage it well. Looking forward to this one too - 8 of us going.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
i drove up to south ruislip and got train in from there and will be using this again only 3 stations from s.ruislip and was so simple no traffic or any other hold ups

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
i drove up to south ruislip and got train in from there and will be using this again only 3 stations from s.ruislip and was so simple no traffic or any other hold ups

Agree with this although I park at Denham rather than South Ruislip. Only a couple of minutes off of the M25 so a nice quick exit onto the Motorway.

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
Also losing new Wembley viginity on Tuesday. Blagged a ticket from a mate who's also sorted us a lift. RESULT!

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Park at Harrow on the Hill, 3 stops to Wembley Park (or 1 stop if fast train) and EVERY westbound train on the Metropolitan Line stops there so no hold ups after the match. Congestion free run back to M25 via A40. Done it many times for both football and concerts and never had any issues.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Get to the ground in plenty of time. Went to the pre world cup friendly vs Mexico got to the turnstiles 15 mins before the game, Didn't get to my seat untill 8 minutes after the match kicked off.
Also if you get the underground after the game expect a nice long wait.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There are 2 tube stations, the 'major' Wembley one and another. Go to another! Come out, follow the crowd but turn left at the lights. Take the second right, up the hill, and come to a boozer with a massive beer garden and a great view over the stadium. From there the world is your lobster.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Yeah food is more expensive than amex and not as good!

I went by train and it was very busy at the tube station there and back, leave before end of the game if you're getting the tube

Nick Rowles

Naughty Nick
Jan 20, 2010
Uxbridge
If you're thinking of parking at Denham, I suggest driving down the A40 to the Ickenham exit and parking on Long Lane between the tube station and the Coach & Horses. It's handy for both and about 20 mins on the tube to Wembley - enjoy.

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
I was initially looking at going to whole way there and back via train ( from Eastbourne ) there's a train back from Wembley central at 21.58, what are the chances of getting on a train from Wembley by then? otherwise I will have to take the last train which will get me in at 2.15am which I want to avoid!

Can't remember clearly but i think Wembley park is a lot closer to the stadium.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Are you in the top tier, it takes a long time to walk down all the steps I can remember that.

I find it is so well orgainsed at Wembley Park tube and there are loads of tubes to take you back to Green Park/Victoria

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm refusing to go to anything there until the Albion play there.

Wouldn't want my first experience of what is surely a stunning stadium to be ruined by second rate shit like our national team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here