Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Ear infection

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I had ear probs as a child and had grommits put in. I think this is the 1st ear infection I've had since childhood.

I'm not surprised you have an infection, if somebody put a plasticine dog in you ear when you were younger. :eek:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I just came back from the doc myself, horrendously blocked up ears since the 22nd Dec, being that we live in such a remote and unpopulous place (Sussex) I had to wait until today to get an appointment.

Doc told me I have blocked up ears, thanks for that.

I now need to ring tomorrow morning to make an appointment for Monday to get then syringed or vacuumed. I can’t make the appointment today because they only allow appointments to be made either a week in advance, or one working day in advance, or same day, but they were able to tell me there were no appointments available today or tomorrow. Now according to NSC, who do I blame for that?

Jan 30, 2008

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I just came back from the doc myself, horrendously blocked up ears since the 22nd Dec, being that we live in such a remote and unpopulous place (Sussex) I had to wait until today to get an appointment.

I now need to ring tomorrow morning to make an appointment for Monday to get then syringed or vacuumed. I can’t make the appointment today because they only allow appointments to be made either a week in advance, or one working day in advance, or same day, but they were able to tell me there were no appointments available today or tomorrow. Now according to NSC, who do I blame for that?

just stick the Dyson tube in your ear that'll sort you

Jan 30, 2008
:facepalm:

comedy gold .

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I have always suffered with ear infections and had to be referred to ENT last year. Not had one since i stopped sticking cotton buds in there. Sometimes my ears were so sore i could not put my head on a pillow!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I,ve got tinnitus and i,ve had it for around 3 1/2 years:angry:blocked ear,migranes and much more.Thought it was because i just had a lot of wax in my ear:lolol:
Went to get my ears washed out and the nurse said i had no wax in my ear,anyway mine is much better now and believe it or not it was my breathing pattern that caused this tinnitus:glare:

I get a sharp tone constant in my ear and it gets louder and louder depending on things.

I think a lot of people think its stress and many other things,but i bet many don't realise the breathing pattern is the cause for many people.

Good luck bud:D

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He is spot on,there is no cure for tinnitus as its a mental condition.You need to try and ignore it as much as possible and keep as busy as possible.

Not to mention breath properly and hopefully it should go right down:drink:

Yours maybe a mental condition by I can assure you to others it is not. Many profoundly deaf people have it and its a physical condition

Musicians can get tinnitus, as can workers using loud machinery.
Cptn Kirk and Spock both got it from standing too close to an explosive on the Star trek set.

I have heard that feeding the same frequency that the sufferer 'hears', through headphones for days on end, gets their brain to eventually understand it as 'normal' and block it out. The brain can begin to ignore noises, which is how for instance, a person can sleep on a ship, coach, or an aeroplane with the noise of the engine going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here