Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t dog sh*te

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone who drops litter or leaves it on public transport should be put down.
Are you seriously comparing litter to dog shit?

There may be certain types of litter for which your analogy works, but not most litter. Certainly, a screwed up copy of the Metro is not a health hazard to a 2 year old toddler with inquisitive minds FFS.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Are you seriously comparing litter to dog shit?

There may be certain types of litter for which your analogy works, but not most litter. Certainly, a screwed up copy of the Metro is not a health hazard to a 2 year old toddler with inquisitive minds FFS.

Calm down, calm down, it was a jest ! I just couldn't take the original poster seriously !

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
glad to see the council getting tough on dog toffee (although clearly not your fault in this example scarby).

people who let their dog shite in parks and pavements, would these people mind if somebody came round their house and smeered fresh dog shite across their carpets and floors. and i mean cover the carpet, completely.

because the consequence of not picking up is some poor sod treading and spreading YOUR dog's shite into their home.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is basically the same as the "dont know who wsa driveing" defence for a speeding ticket. if you tell it as it is like you did here and the co-worker backs it up, they cant be sure and im sure they cannot prosecute. (though i think they have done recently so its not a completely sound route). see a pukka solicitor or pay the fine.

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Had a long think about this........!
The Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 clearly states the person in charge at the time of the fouling who fails to clear up commits the offence. Thus they need to prove who was with the dog.
The registered owner bit is them confusing it with another piece of legislation around fly tipping. Its a bluff go to the interview confirm that the vehicle is yours and that a number of persons have access, take your insurance note to prove it and state clearly that you do not know who it was. Don't say it was not me if you only have one other named driver, because you will drop them in it.
Its very unusual for them to run with this, have you been fined before, because there advice is to give verbal and then a written warning first.
look on the OPSI site for the legislation and links to practical implementation of the acts.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
this is basically the same as the "dont know who wsa driveing" defence for a speeding ticket. if you tell it as it is like you did here and the co-worker backs it up, they cant be sure and im sure they cannot prosecute. (though i think they have done recently so its not a completely sound route). see a pukka solicitor or pay the fine.

i argued that point aswell, and they come up with your the owner of the van so you'll get the fine regardless....

i had thought about paying the fine, but i'm sure i haven't commited the offence they have absolutely no proof what so ever.
it seems to me they didn't challenge me could they had no proof, so let me drive away wait 3 weeks so i can't remember and scare me into paying a fine.
why wasn't i stopped when it occured? he was only 10meters away ffs.

i'm thinking why should i pay but they seem to have me by the goolies..

the court is going to believe the shit police rather some hairy arsed plumber

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Had a long think about this........!
The Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 clearly states the person in charge at the time of the fouling who fails to clear up commits the offence. Thus they need to prove who was with the dog.
The registered owner bit is them confusing it with another piece of legislation around fly tipping. Its a bluff go to the interview confirm that the vehicle is yours and that a number of persons have access, take your insurance note to prove it and state clearly that you do not know who it was. Don't say it was not me if you only have one other named driver, because you will drop them in it.
Its very unusual for them to run with this, have you been fined before, because there advice is to give verbal and then a written warning first.
look on the OPSI site for the legislation and links to practical implementation of the acts.

no haven't been fined before. i've had the dog for 9 years and cleaned up all the time in public places.
if i was approached at the time and pointed out that had i had miss the shit then i would have gladly cleaned it up or even paid the £75 fine. but because deal with it there and then makes me wonder why....

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
FRom what i understand to take you to court they would want to win the case, to do so by law they have to prove "beyond reasonable doubt" that it was you. Using the line the car was registered to you is bull shit because if it was a holiday maker in a rented car what would they do take the rental company to court. It will be a taped interview with 2 "officers" who will caution you on tape and then show you any evidence if they have it. You can contact them and tell them that you would like full disclosure on what they evidence they have and they should tell you but they might make you wait untill just before the interview. I used to know a Benefit Fraud officer from Brighton council andthey used to interview everyone even the ones that they didnt have a lot on, just in the hope of them confessing. If all else fails just answer no comment to every question they hate that.:clap2:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the court is going to believe the shit police rather some hairy arsed plumber

it isnt down to the police, if it goes to court but the CPS (or council for such minor offence??) and the witnesses. i suspect you find the magistrate will be very pissed off to be dealing with such a case and if they havent got any proof he will sling it out. can they even proof you where the driver/keeper of the van and not the passenger at the time? do you and co-worker look alike? i dont see they can say you're the owner of the van so must be responsible, its not even a motoring offence (where this doesnt hold anyway). be nice to plod, because he doesnt want to be titing about with this either, he's just going through the motions (so to speak...).

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If you didn't do it, i feel sorry for you, but i'm quite glad they're actually doing something. I live near a couple of schools and a park and the amount of dog shit on the pavement is disgusting, and shows quite how many selfish pricks live in this city
I agree with this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ah but what is litter? The Metro's adverts keep saying that leaving my paper on a train is littering rather than leaving it to be read by the next person as i've always thought it was

The Metro (and the Standard) want it both ways. They want you not to litter trains with their paper, but their circulation figures always brag about each copy being read by 2.73 people or something. That'll be people reading dumped copies on public transport then.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
scarby, whether it was you or your mate who let the dog shit all over the place......
it's your dog.........so you have to pay.........now get your wallet out and 'dump', .er..
.I mean 'stump' up.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I have three dogs and ALWAYS clean up after them,wherever I am. Most people do this,but sadly many do not,which is why some lucky people have the task of surreptitiously watching dogs doing their business.

Did they retain the offending poo for DNA testing? Could you tell them that your dog was constipated and the offending pile was not hers,but was in the region where Zamora was giving it a go?

If it's poo on the ground
And it's guilty your found
That's Zamora.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here