Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] o/t Delivery to Germany

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks.

We have a Sureflap that only lets our cat in (via the microchip in the cat and a RFID chip in the flap). It works well to keep other cats out (or did, when we lived somewhere where there were other cats), but does nothing to keep out prey.

Your problem is worse than ours - we get 1 prey animal every other day on average.
We've had a couple of live mice, but Tigger is so proud of himself, he wants to deposit them beside the bed as present. Luckily, my other half had seen him, although once we were chasing the mouse around the airing cupboard trying to get it trapped in a tupperware box. We failed, and Tigger pounced, taking it back outside, huffily, as he wasn't impressed with our gratitude.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A sureflap won't open if there's prey detected, even if it's the 'right' cat? Blimey. I'll take a proper look then.

EDIT: I'm in too please. @Herr Tubthumper do you know anyone who lives in Germany?
:lol:

I have offered to help out @Couldn't Be Hyypia , he's just ordered one of these which should arrive at my apartment shortly, I will then send it on. Feel free to Whatapps me and arrange similar.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:lol:

I have offered to help out @Couldn't Be Hyypia , he's just ordered one of these which should arrive at my apartment shortly, I will then send it on. Feel free to Whatapps me and arrange similar.
You do realise you've just lumbered yourself with the 'Sole UK Importer' gig? 😄

<mod edit>: I'm tempted to edit this post until after HT has done the deed for me

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'd be a bit concerned having read the 'how it works' section, there's a lot of room for error and potential for the cat having to wait to be let in (min 7 seconds), I'm not sure I'd want to have confused cats, they kind of need to know the flap is going to work:-

How does the active blocking of ZeroMOUSE work?
How it works when blocking is activated:

1. As soon as movement is detected in front of the flap, we block and ZeroMOUSE waits for the cat to enter the tunnel.
2. When the cat enters the tunnel, ZeroMOUSE takes the images and the AI analyzes them. This lasts about 7 seconds during which the flap is blocked and the cat tries to enter the flap. She has to get used to it, it's currently slower than before without ZeroMOUSE.
3. If the AI detects that there is no loot, we release the hatch. The cat's chip is then recognized and the flap opens. This can be heard by the click of the shutter.
4. If the AI recognizes that there is prey, the flap is blocked until the cat leaves the tunnel again, then the whole thing starts again.

Current security features:

1. If the WLAN is disrupted and ZeroMOUSE does not receive a response from the AI within 10 s, we always release the flap. A well-functioning WLAN is therefore essential for the function.
2. If the cat enters the tunnel too quickly and no clear image is recognized, we release the flap. It is therefore important that ZeroMOUSE has the opportunity to detect the movement approximately 0.5 - 1 second before the cat enters the tunnel.

Tracking functions in case prey is detected:

1. If prey is detected, we change the behavior
2. For x seconds afterwards (starting value is 1800 seconds, 30 minutes) and y attempts (starting value is 10 attempts) it will not open if ZeroMOUSE is not clearly “clean” i.e. does not detect any prey.
3. This is so that the cat cannot bypass the system.
4. The value can be set, but currently only via a support request, later via the app.

The cats get used to the changed behavior of the flap, even if they may have some problems with it at first. They also learn that they cannot come into the house with the prey and therefore come with prey less often. At the same time, we are working on reducing the time for detection. In the future, we plan to bring detection to ZeroMOUSE so that we become independent of WiFi. The first development steps are already underway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tv
You do realise you've just lumbered yourself with the 'Sole UK Importer' gig? 😄

<mod edit>: I'm tempted to edit this post until after HT has done the deed for me
What was edited ? Did I miss something?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If our cat is out at night he’s not getting back in until morning. No drama we still get the odd present left at the back door.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Can any NSC member in Germany help?

I want to buy a German product, but currently they only deliver to Germany. Is there any kind sole who would let me get it delivered to them and then forward it on to me in the UK? I will happily pay all costs, of course.

In case you're interested, and worry it might be something a bit dodgy, it's a catflap adapter that spots when your cat is carrying an animal and keeps the cat flap locked. Clever beggars these Germans!!
I need one of these, can I have a link?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Seems quite clever. We get three or four birds, mice, rats or moles a night. One of our cats is a bloody machine. Some just get released, some get partially eaten, some are stashed away under a sofa or spare bed for later. Always there is carnage when we get up in the morning.

This Zeromouse will adapt our existing cat flap, but coming next year are cat flaps with this built in.
200 euros - for a cat flap :cool:

Just as well mine is a lover, not a fighter........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It would be more clever if it could stop domestic cats killing wildlife in the first place.
My cat had his annual check up last week. He has a small scar by his nose, from a neighbourhood cat, but I also told the vet he catches mice.
Ah, a proper cat, said the vet.

You cannot change an animal's instinct. The reason small cats were 'domesticated' was to keep vermin down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My cat had his annual check up last week. He has a small scar by his nose, from a neighbourhood cat, but I also told the vet he catches mice.
Ah, a proper cat, said the vet.

You cannot change an animal's instinct. The reason small cats were 'domesticated' was to keep vermin down.
Different strokes for different folks. Cats are very unpopular in Oz. They decimate the native wildlife

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here