Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Cost of 14th Feb excluding Prescotts Bunch!

excuding Prescotts bucnh how much will Valentines Day cost you?

• Nothing

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • less than £ 10

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • > £ 10 but < the tight Northerns fork out £ 42.40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • > £ 42.40 but < national average of £ 93.50

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • > national average £ 93.50 but < £ 239 the cockneys spend

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • > £ 239 cockney bill but < 727k people spending £ 1k

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • over £ 1 k

• I sit on fences

• Total voters

Nov 3, 2003
Britons 'to Fork Out £2bn on Valentine Treats'

BRITONS plan to spend £2.36 billion spoiling their partner on Valentine's Day, with men set to splash out four times as much as women, researchers claim.

People will fork out an average of £93.50 each on cards, presents and meals out, with men expecting to get through £135, while women will spend an average of just £36, according to Sainsbury's Bank Credit Cards.

And, while 23% of people in a relationship admit they are not planning to spend anything on Valentine's Day, 727,000 expect to spend more than £1,000.

Londoners are the biggest spenders, planning to lavish around £239 on their partners, while those in the North East and Yorkshire and Humberside will pay out the least at just £42.40 each.

The study added that around £415 million of the total expenditure would be put on credit cards, with 313,000 people admitting it would take them more than a month to clear their debt.

The most popular way to mark Valentine's Day is to go out for a meal - something 45% of couples will be doing - while 38% will buy a present, 25% will buy flowers, 24% will cook a special meal, and 16% will buy chocolates.

Meanwhile, research from Capital One estimates people will collectively spend £3.89 million on engagement rings in the run-up to Valentine's Day, with around 3,000 people set to propose on February 14.

In addition the group claims around £18 million will be spent on Valentine's Day cards and £20 million on roses.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Also my 30th birthday so it's a weekend in Prague. Spending loads but most of it on myself!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I brought my mrs a Lambretta knitted top from 'lambretta' in Leeds. Getting her a signed and framed copy of 'our song' (not telling what it is though). Taking her to Grimsby as well and probably get her a few little things.

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Nothing - trouble is the girlfriend thinks I'm joking! Got better things to spend my money on, know what I mean? :drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
absolutely nothing!

well...... maybe a few quid for some ben and jerrys and box of tissues to go with chick flick :(

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

And BAG, after seeing some of the things posted on here I'm amazed you're not taking out restraining orders against some of this lot, just to get some peace and quiet!

nah, you get used to them after a while!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here