Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T but any advise on not being paid?

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
I worked at the post office over xmas and am still waiting on pay. I know its only £200 but that would help right about now.

They claim I had an advance so are deducting it from "what I owe them". Said they could check whether I received it but wont ever get back to me.

It was through an agency (that royal mail own and run....) but you cant speak to the actual payroll people, just someone who can send them an email. Everytime you ring, you have to start again...

Any advise on how to get things moving? Im so stuck so any suggestions please?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Send a formal letter demanding payment within 7 days. Record it.

If you get no reply, file a claim through the county court. Really easy, can be done online and the cost is small and can be added to the claim, along with interest.

MCOL - Money Claim Online - Welcome

I've used this service, and the threat of using it can often be enough to get the appropriate response and level of checking that you need. I'd repeat exactly what kingcole has said, a letter sent recorded delivery stating the facts of your claim, what you are owed, and the action you will take after 7 (or 14) days should you not get a response.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've used this service, and the threat of using it can often be enough to get the appropriate response and level of checking that you need. I'd repeat exactly what kingcole has said, a letter sent recorded delivery stating the facts of your claim, what you are owed, and the action you will take after 7 (or 14) days should you not get a response.

I'd concur with this advise. I used the threat with a previous employer ( EDS ) who were playing silly buggers with my expenses. I filled in all the detail online and got to the final submit page. At which point I printed out a screen shot, showed it to my line manager and told him I would hit submit if I didn't get a written guarantee in the next hour that my expenses would be paid in the next 5 days. Worked a treat !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here