Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Burning cd compilations

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Can anyone recommend a pc program which would let me make dj compilation type mixes from my existing cds?

I don't like my music with gaps and used to make some pretty reasonable tapes but this new cd burning lark is all new to me.

Any ideas appreciated.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If you are on a Mac, Toast is very good, or just iTunes if you import the music on to your hard drive anyway (this option of course will work for windows too).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm using Roxio WinOnCD 5 Power Edition

You can crossfade between tracks, if that's what you're after

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
samparish said:
If you are on a Mac, Toast is very good, or just iTunes if you import the music on to your hard drive anyway (this option of course will work for windows too).

Toast == EasyCD Creator. Same company makes them, basically same programme

For the 98.5% of us who have cheap, non-locked in hardware.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
MYOB said:

You just can't resist a little dig at Macs can you :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What's a Mac?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Everest said:
What's a Mac?
3048.jpg

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
MYOB said:

Well the 1.5% of us with supremely stylish computers that don't crash or get viruses (and can run Flash player;) ) are very happy with them.

Plus they're not really all that expensive now anyway, and do actually work very well.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
samparish said:
Well the 1.5% of us with supremely stylish computers that don't crash or get viruses (and can run Flash player;) ) are very happy with them.

Plus they're not really all that expensive now anyway, and do actually work very well.

My 1997 IBM Thinkpad is still a good, usable machine that doesn't look out of place. It can even run XP petty well if need be, but it serves its time as a nice BSD box

My 1997 Apple is slow, clunky, can't run OS9 well let alone OS-X. And it looks badly, badly dated

Oh, and OSX is just as if not more crash happy than Windows 2000. System 8.1 and 8.5 crashed more often than anything else I'd ever used.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I found a copy of Nero on Amazon for a tenner, I reckon it'll do everything I want. Thanks for the recommendation swindonseagull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here