Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Boy in the striped pyjamas last night BBC 2

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Off topic but something to talk about whilst Gus ties up the deal to bring Bobby Z back to us...did anyone see this film last night?

I couldn't be bothered to turn the tv over so I kept this on and it was the most moving WW2 drama I've ever seen...anyone else catch it?

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Went to Auschwitz the other day and sine I came back I have seen that film along with Schindler's list and the The Pianist. Good film.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I didn't realise it had been made into a film. Read the book which is a cracker. Apparently the author, whose name escapes me, wrote the book in a matter of days!

Takes a lot of shortcuts from the book to make it more easy to digest. Still good though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Saw it a while back fantastic film, very moving and sad. Sky+'d it last night to watch it again over the weekend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Allow me to seriously lower the tone.

Last night we watched, The Transporter.

It did enable us to debate 'is it homoerotic or just for the ladies'

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Excellent book...excellent film.

He also wrote a brilliant book about the mutiny on the bounty.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
very good film,wifey read the book and says it does not have the same impact......sort of brings it home how bad things were though.
we saw the film ages ago and I did'nt want to watch it again

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
very good film,wifey read the book and says it does not have the same impact......sort of brings it home how bad things were though.

I thought the book had a way bigger impact than the film!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Interesting, I actually thought the book was many times better than the film, especially the last 10 pages were some of the most moving and horrific narrative I have ever read

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have the book sitting on the table next to my bed ... MUST get round to reading it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
We watched it without reading the book, but we knew that the story was written for the teenage market, so we were genuinely shocked and upset by the ending. There are not many films that have done that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here