Wow whodda thunk it!!!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Sounds about right to me

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hardly a surprise... Katie Waissel was allegedly bought out of an existing recording contact by SYCO last year so she could enter the X Factor. These type of rumours have been going on a long time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly how I thought these contests were running. It's basically a long marketing ad.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
"The reality is that the producers are hunting out oddities, freaks and, I'm ashamed to say, mentally ill people, to act as amusing fillers in the audition shows."

You don't say?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
"The reality is that the producers are hunting out oddities, freaks and, I'm ashamed to say, mentally ill people, to act as amusing fillers in the audition shows."

You don't say?

Doesn't that describe the judges?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I had a chat with him a couple of days ago. Really, really sweet and genuine kid. He wasn't given anything the other contestants didn't have. Just a totally ordinary part of the show as far as I could see who spent most of the day watching the show being prepped in the canteen.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's quite disgusting and shameful really, how the production team on BGT operate.

Totally out of order comment and totally untrue.

It was also interesting to see that even before the final credits rolled on Ronan's audition show, SYCO TV had uploaded the offical video of Ronan onto YouTube. Today, that particular video has been viewed over 2.5 million times and growing. SYCO don't do that for other contestants, so why Ronan?

Shoddy. The uploading of videos for special contestants is undertaken by the Talkback Thames Digital team. Pretty much all contestants that people want to see are dealt with this way.

Last edited:

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
Has anyone read the book by Ben Elton called ‘Chart Throb’?

It's a pretty good read and also opens your eyes to the type of skulduggery that goes on with these 'talent' shows.

Having said that, Chart Throb now seems a bit lame compared to what's actually going on….allegedly.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Totally out of order comment and totally untrue.

Shoddy. The uploading of videos for special contestants is undertaken by the Talkback Thames Digital team. Pretty much all contestants that people want to see are dealt with this way.

Do you work for Mark Saben ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I heard that the music industry is a satanic cult and that lady gaga, jay z etc worship the devil.

Despite how crazy it sounds, music is powerful. Back in the day the spoken word and the song were forms of magic. Think Pide Piper. Im starting to think that there may be something to this.

If Im gonna ruin a thread, it might as well be a BGT thread eh.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What price are the bookies offering for Ronan to win?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here