Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T APPLE MAC - OS X Lion

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So, anyone upgraded to this yet? Any good? I'm on the old Leopard 10.5.8 system so would have to upgrade to Snow Leopard first, wondering whether it's going to be worth it....

(I realise it was only released this week!)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Put it on today, bloody brilliant! Be careful if you use Time Machine though, not many 3rd party NAS support the new versions of AFP yet......

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Installed through mac app store a few hours ago, easy install loving it with no problems so far. Tested all my apps etc and I think its safe to say that you will not have any compatibility problems. Mission control is a huge welcome. Bring on iOS 5 !!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Has anyone managed to get their scanner to work with Lion? That's the only thing that's stopping me from upgrading. I have a Canon scanner from 2002 and could only run the software under Rosetta, which is not supported by Lion.

I want to be able to go to Photoshop > File > Import rather than run a separate software for scanning.

Any advice appreciated.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sounds like I might have to do a double upgrade then. It always worries me that as my machine gets older, at the same time the OS gets thirstier and more bulky as it's aimed at the latest machines. Currently have a 2007 MacBookPro 2.4 GHz Intel Duo with 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, which runs fine on 10.5 hence not upgraded till now...

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Just installed - looks good so far; hopefully, there'll be no probl

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you are on old hardware or still on Leopard, I'd prob avoid it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've read reports of Lion zipping along on older hardware faster than Snow Leopard, but if I was happy with what I've got and would have to buy two upgrades, I'd probably stay where I was.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Forget it -- I wind up using Windows Parallel to run my LiDE 80 scanner....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here