Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Amir Khan

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unbelievable all these people who dismiss the strange circumstances with a 'you lost get over it'. Nothing worse in sport than corruption except when it is ignored. Let's allow Ben Johnson his gold medal back and all the other drug cheats. Let's not deduct 10pts for going into administration so other clubs can stitch up the local St John's Ambulance brigade. There may be nothing in Khan's appeal but it needs to be investigated fully and independently.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Unbelievable all these people who dismiss the strange circumstances with a 'you lost get over it'. Nothing worse in sport than corruption except when it is ignored. Let's allow Ben Johnson his gold medal back and all the other drug cheats. Let's not deduct 10pts for going into administration so other clubs can stitch up the local St John's Ambulance brigade. There may be nothing in Khan's appeal but it needs to be investigated fully and independently.

I totally agree with this post. It matters not a jot what you think of Khan as a boxer or his tactics on the night, If the guy in the hat was interfering with the scoring and had no legitimate right to be involved, then the fight should be deemed null and void. To all the "man up and get over it" brigade, would you take that stance if it were YOU on the recieving end of a decision that looked suspicious due to possible corruption?....I think not!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he has been granted a re-match and lenny henry has promised to stay well clear of the judges this time...( well dodgy though, that guy needs finding and putting away)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've no doubt there will be a re-match whatever the outcome of the investigation. This controversy has been priceless promotion, and the fight has the potential to be a massive pay day for both fighters in Vegas. I'm even beginning to wonder if it's all been set up intentionally!

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
he has been granted a re-match and lenny henry has promised to stay well clear of the judges this time...( well dodgy though, that guy needs finding and putting away)

Wish Lenny Henry was banned from tv, worst "comedian" that gets any airtime!
Obviously if theres needs to be an investigation so be it, but having the authorities said he was a rep for boxing board.
I watched the fight & was a close but I thought Peterson won it,
this controversy will help pay per view tickets next time up or am i cynical?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
'Cliche Asian chip on his shoulder' , WTF ?

images

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It stinks. The more that comes it the stronger the stench.

A rematch should be organised this side of the Atlantic. Double purse up for grabs, belt status changed to not held until the rematch had been contested.

Sent from my phone cause I can

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Imagine if Football was like Boxing. We could have 4 World Cup Champions each recognised by one of: FIFA, World Football Association, World Football Organisation or World Football Federation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here