Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NYE

New Years Ever

• Total voters

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Staying in. It's a much better idea to go out on Saturday instead, less crowds and cheaper drinks. Happy new year though.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will be staying in resolutely refusing to have any fun :mad:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sob. This time last year we were here.

bahamas-freeport-hotel.jpg

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island. Not quite as chuffing cold as it is here right now!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would go out but I'm pretty skint at the minute so I'm just going to a houseparty

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
half of Shoreham pubs are charging people, one place is £15 :eek: then £3 a pint.....RUBBISH!

This is rip-off Britain for you.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Staying in as usual... I've only been out four times on NYE in the last 15 years (and one of those was when I was on holiday) and I've only been to a pub once in the last 25 years.

I tend to avoid town on that day - it's amateur night.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This is rip-off Britain for you.

Good point HT, but in the current climate people are looking for good/fair value...if you are seen to be ripping people off then they will surely go elsewhere and it could be curtains for you!

That may be the only positive to come from the current economic climate!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good point HT, but in the current climate people are looking for good/fair value...if you are seen to be ripping people off then they will surely go elsewhere and it could be curtains for you!

That may be the only positive to come from the current economic climate!

But this country has been ripping its people off for years, decades. Folk still lap it up. Most things are a lot more expensive and poorer quality than in other countries. The latest thing I've been reading about is how the mainland european power companies love this country as they can get away with charging so much.

Grrrrrrr.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The half-price fizz is on ice and the scotch eggs and sausage rolls ordered. A few cheeky ones and a row over music at Tubthumper Towers before The Open House and then Schtumm after-party. I'll be standing on the bow, saluting as the ship goes down.

A happy new year to each and everyone of you.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
staying in through choice, pants night where every where charges a fortune for nothing special.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Heavy Metal all the way into 2009 for otk

HNY to football fans around the globe, with a bit of icing on the top to Seagulls fans :wave:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Working - so that others can have a great evening - sigh - saint hood is a heavy burden to bare. Mind you last great NYE was Millennium, gone down hill since or maybe I am too old????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here